Killarney style training in Southern Suburbs

Saudiq

Hi All,

I've been going to Killarney the last couple of weeks and loving the training but it's becoming quite a schlep to trek there every Tuesday.

I would therefore like to know the following:

Is there anywhere in Southern Suburbs where this type of training is happening? If not, who would be interested joining if we got this setup in Southern Suburbs? Anyone have an idea of what would be required to set this up? Recommendations for location? I've heard rumours of guys doing this in Ottery?

Thanks,

Saudiq

MCC uses the indistrial area opposite Pnp Hyper on Thursdays. I dont think anyone else uses it on other days. There is Zeekoevlei as well as an alternate venue. Anyone know if Youngsfield is open after 5pm possibly on the circuit the kids use for Argus mini tour?

Youngsfield sounds like a great idea. I think my friends wife works there and she could find out for us. I however need to see who else would be interested? Could we get some of the local club guys, i.e., Star Interior, Giants, MCC, etc to all and ride together or is there too much politics whistling.gif

A suitable venue is the biggest problem.

The industrial areas mentioned are fine but not great ... they often still carry traffic after business hours.

I think Youngsfield was appraoched by some of the clubs but was never approved.

I'm sure all of the clubs mentioned will gladly participate ... there's no politics.! LOL

I'm checking with my friend of mine who works at youngsfield if she can arrange something for us... I guess the other question is would the guys be prepared to pay to use the facility e.g. R15 like they charge at Killarney