Slow afternoon spruit ride - 21 Nov 2012

G00SE

Looks like its going to be a big crowd. Goose you ready for this? laugh.png

I hope so, these midweek spruit rides are proving to be rather popular thumbup1.gif

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of time do you guys ride? Start/finish time, from Fratelli's? Is a light essential?

Some of us around 16h15, then we swing back at 17h30 to catch the late crowd. When the light fades the peeps without lights can head back to Fratellis.

Loaner bikes and spruit...

Those creapy bikes that lurk behind trees... Next week I'm free or maybe even Thursday. I want to do at least one night ride before the 24hr thing.

If the 16:15 group travels South, then ill catch you all in the Delta park area, otherwise ill see you at the parking lot around 17:30..

when is this ride?

Yeah, um Goose. Please edit your first post and put the date of the ride in the title and then times and places in the body of the post. Just so that anyone who wants to join doesn't have to read xx number of pages to find the info. SIR M has a great template to copy from in any of his other group ride threads.

In other news, Smolster and scouted the trail last night. It is riding superbly well and we rode it all pretty hard.. He was a Spruit virgin but I took him on all the jumps, drops and tech stuff.

:thumbup:

Yeah, um Goose. Please edit your first post and put the date of the ride in the title and then times and places in the body of the post. Just so that anyone who wants to join doesn't have to read xx number of pages to find the info. SIR M has a great template to copy from in any of his other group ride threads.

In other news, Smolster and scouted the trail last night. It is riding superbly well and we rode it all pretty hard.. He was a Spruit virgin but I took him on all the jumps, drops and tech stuff.

thumbup1.gif

Always good to hear someone new discovering the Spruit.

So how are we looking for tomorrow?

I'm in for sure.

thumbup1.gif

lies.. LIES!!!

We were jumping at the scout hall yesterday evening, and didn't see you :P :lol:

lies.. LIES!!!

We were jumping at the scout hall yesterday evening, and didn't see you tongue.png laugh.png

I "did" your scout hall jump yesterday. Meaning roll up to it apprehensively, barely make it over the first table-top type thing, then veer off before I hurt myself.

Seriously, a different world :)

Always good to hear someone new discovering the Spruit.

So how are we looking for tomorrow?

I'm in for sure.

Its looking good as usual. The only thing that will upset the apple cart will be a tonne of rain. Unlikely.

lies.. LIES!!!

We were jumping at the scout hall yesterday evening, and didn't see you :P :lol:

:lol:

Nope. We only went south up river.

I heard StupidSport was filming the Hurlingham jumps yesterday afternoon with those dudes who do trail reviews.

Its looking good as usual. The only thing that will upset the apple cart will be a tonne of rain. Unlikely.

It does look like we are getting tunder storms from tomoroow till Friday...

It does look like we are getting tunder storms from tomoroow till Friday...

Pfffffft. We often ride around the storms. It's only a prolem when it rains solidly.

"Tunder"??? "tomoroow"??? :P

Edited by slick