MTB Rims

Pieta Stumpy

I need some help please!!

I am looking at replacing my Crest 29's as a Christmas present from me to my bike.

Happy with the hubs and spokes.

I looked at American Classic, Easton or alternately just getting another set of Crests.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

From what I have read, the AM's are just as soft if not more so than the crests, why change them? use then until you buckle them or if you are too heavy for them get the arch's.

I clock in at 82kg currently and dropping relatively fast. The bike felt off balance so I took it in for a check up and the lbs dude said that my front has a flat spot but it was barely noticeable. I also had a few loose spokes due to another lbs which then got tightened up. Now, overall I am happy and bike does not feel as off balance as it did but still want to get rid of these white Crests, if only to get black ones except if I can go better without spending too much more I'll do it.

Waste of money in my opinion, doubt you will be able to reuse the spokes and nipples, so it will be a brand new build, might as well sell the wheelset as a whole and buy a new custom wheelset of your choice.

The wheel feeling off balance won't be the rim, could be the tyre pressure or you are still on a 9mm QR, we all know 15mm TA is the way to go...wink.png

The Am rims are very soft, I am going to replace my AM race rims ( they have many dents from rocks impacting side-on) with crest rims as they are only 30grams heavier per rim and sturdier in my experience.

I can understand wanting to replace the white rims , a totally illogical colour for anything on a mtb.

The Am rims are very soft, I am going to replace my AM race rims ( they have many dents from rocks impacting side-on) with crest rims as they are only 30grams heavier per rim and sturdier in my experience.

I can understand wanting to replace the white rims , a totally illogical colour for anything on a mtb.

At last sanity prevails, I was crucified a while back for saying white on a MTB is stupid!!!!!!

I need some help please!!

I am looking at replacing my Crest 29's as a Christmas present from me to my bike.

Happy with the hubs and spokes.

I looked at American Classic, Easton or alternately just getting another set of Crests.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Rebuild using FRM333 rims and new spokes/brass nipples - try bells cycles in Natal, or import them yourself.

VERY popular rim amongst top riders... light and strong - plenty of Epic medals too.