SLOW afternoon spruit ride - 05 Dec 2012

G00SE

I will be joining 17h30.... wont make 16h15 today....

As for my 29er.... dont judge huh.png some bikes just have big wheels.

You see its just that the big wheels tend to be a hassle. Look at Karma whose big wheel let him down and BBN's big wheel couldn't roll over an obstacle without self destructing.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not joining this week.

I am still 'broken'. Slept for 14hours Monday eve (one go) and I woke up still tired, ate something and went back to sleep.

Dont know whats up, but I guess I am off the bike till I get over this. thumbdown.gif

You see its just that the big wheels tend to be a hassle. Look at Karma whose big wheel let him down and BBN's big wheel couldn't roll over an obstacle without self destructing.

Let's see this afternoon....whistling.gif

My old entry level 26er will be converted to a single speed on Monday eek.gif ..... does that sound better....

Im not joining this week.

I am still 'broken'. Slept for 14hours Monday eve (one go) and I woke up still tired, ate something and went back to sleep.

Dont know whats up, but I guess I am off the bike till I get over this. thumbdown.gif

That sux, hope you feel better soon.

Have new big wheel/tyre, tubeless this time, and have been practicing my bunny hops, so hopefully no more blow outs!! Anyway, last ride was 2x26er flats to 1x29er, if I'm not wrong???

Have new big wheel/tyre, tubeless this time, and have been practicing my bunny hops, so hopefully no more blow outs!! Anyway, last ride was 2x26er flats to 1x29er, if I'm not wrong???

Mine was a knobbly that ripped off coming down Alberts.

:P

Mine was a knobbly that ripped off coming down Alberts.

tongue.png

See, not BIG enough to roll over those little rocks! oops.gif

Edited by BBN

Have new big wheel/tyre, tubeless this time, and have been practicing my bunny hops, so hopefully no more blow outs!

Anyway, last ride was 2x26er flats to 1x29er, if I'm not wrong???

Well I've got my old tube tyre on and 2 spare tubes just incase...

Well I've got my old tube tyre on and 2 spare tubes just incase...

Mags, I'll bring that extra tyre for you today.

Are you guys doing and up (to emmarentia) or down (to bryanston) ride?

I would like to do down with the early group, and then back up meet the late group and from there go up.

Only problem is, apparently william nicol is impossible to cross at that time

I would like to do down with the early group, and then back up meet the late group and from there go up.

Only problem is, apparently william nicol is impossible to cross at that time

If the early group is heading down first then I will join. William Nicol isn't too bad to cross. There are 2 sets of traffic lights that it can be done safely at.