Tri Suit

Garfield2010

Looks cool, but not sure if I'd do an IronMan with it. I'd have to go on a few 150km plus cycling expeditions before I'd make that decision.

I see it's on CRC for R1600: http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=73764 (but only in a small sad.png )

I use the Orca 226 Kompression for short races and am pretty happy with it.

Cool

Well I have realised that if you cycle enough then the size of the shammy doesnt matter. I have done a few olympic distances in a running short without a shammy at all and I was ok.

The Garf has balls of steel.

Are your sure you want ot go with a one piece? Just thinking of the errrmm... logistics when nature calls during IM

Also if you take the specsaver discount you have to run in their vest. Most mortals will advise to go with a 2-piece, because of the logistics ;)

Sorry for hijacking, but can you tri okes maybe give me a website where I can see a race calender? Bicycling's doesn't to work.

Well I will then just have to re-allign my nutrition to cater for my one piece suit then.... I will do the whole race on 2 waterbottles. If its a coolish day I will have to cut it down to one whistling.gif

Garf, with logistics we meant no 2. No 1 can go right down your leg, you don't have to stop for that. That's what the pros do wink.png

Whaaat?

I have never crapped during a race. I tend to find that a Gu gels is as good as an immodium.

Just a question - what clothing do most normal people use in ironman? Because you've got the cycling (where you'd want cycling shorts) and then running, where it's not so lekker to run in cycling shorts????

I also have never crapped during a race, but twice during long runs I had to go. It really gets quite painful if you try to keep it in for too long...

Suit looks lekker. Did Ironman in a 1-piece this year, stopped a couple of times to 'gooi pyp' down the trouser leg. Have also never had to go 2 during a race or any other longish(12+ hours) event for that matter.

I do have issues in the high mountains but that's why my pants have a crotch-zip :-)