Stolen DH Bike

Guest Omega Man

That's close to a kg right there. So you've p!ssed away all the millions the Giant World cup team has spent on R&D to get your bike as good as it can possibly be.Shame on you. You need to immediately make both wheels tubeless (And not the shitty ghetto tubeless) to appease the bike gods.

I tried tjoopless, went out and bought a Stans kit and proceeded to start wrapping only to find the rubber don't fit the rim. So spent the best part of two days phoning around looking for the Freeride version of the standard 25mm kit.. no luck, some shops didn't even know what I was on about. Ghetto is holding up..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried tjoopless, went out and bought a Stans kit and proceeded to start wrapping only to find the rubber don't fit the rim. So spent the best part of two days phoning around looking for the Freeride version of the standard 25mm kit.. no luck, some shops didn't even know what I was on about. Ghetto is holding up..

I think the majority of ppl who do ghetto just cut a tjoop and don't worry about getting it to fit PERFECTLY to the rim. That creates not only a helluva eyesore with flappy bits of rubber hannging out, but additional potential for a burping tyre.

Me - I take a BMX tube (20") and cut it in half, then cut to the exact width of the rim seat. It's effectively a STANS strip thingie, but much much cheaper, and with a normal Schraeder valve. Seals perfectly at the bead. Only trouble I've had with this approach is from the tire itself, and having a few microscopic holes in it. Granted, the tire is stuffed!

OK OK, I'll go tubeless, will probably do the proper ghetto that the Captain speaks of (have done it before on the Intense, quite successfully and with quite a bit of effort).

Seriously though, no comments about me riding a 29er hardtail?

Guest Omega Man

Seriously though, no comments about me riding a 29er hardtail?

I thought that was a misprint. BTW what happened to the demo?

Edited by Omega Man

I thought that was a misprint. BTW what happened to the demo?

No misprint. It's my newfound application of an old skool training tactic: riding gnarly stuff on an XC bike breeds lightning fast reflexes and hair on your teeth. That, and it gets you seriously fit.

This is what such a DH harem looks like...

post-3655-0-46888400-1358174497_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

No misprint. It's my newfound application of an old skool training tactic: riding gnarly stuff on an XC bike breeds lightning fast reflexes and hair on your teeth. That, and it gets you seriously fit.

This is what such a DH harem looks like...

post-3655-0-46888400-1358174497_thumb.jpg

Nice. just don't ride UP the Fken DH trails on that circus bike.

there were a few postings recently about this. it actually has a lot to do with safety, in terms of guys going down colliding with guys going up.

i caught wind of it on the tokai MTB group on facebook.

there were a few postings recently about this. it actually has a lot to do with safety, in terms of guys going down colliding with guys going up.

i caught wind of it on the tokai MTB group on facebook.

ROFL. Dude, there was a whole shed-load of sarcasm in Martin's post there...

Guest Omega Man

ROFL. Dude, there was a whole shed-load of sarcasm in Martin's post there...

I say do whatever you want. Rules are for the weak. Or the week. Certainly not the weekend.

Edited by Omega Man