Thoughts on the Giant Reign 1

Stuart Corbishley

The Giant Reign 1 looks like a great bike. Awesome components for the price.

http://www.giant-bic....1/11517/55878/

But since a bike is not just it's components, what about the frame?

Anyone riding one of these?

Why is it so much cheaper than the equivalent Trek etc?

I haven't found a lot of reviews or opinions in general about it.

Edited by Stuart Corbishley

Guest Omega Man

A friend of mine has one. Damn good value. I have a reign x and if that's anything to go by the reign is awesome.

A friend of mine has one. Damn good value. I have a reign x and if that's anything to go by the reign is awesome.

Well that's all that needs to be said. Oh and that Giant manufacture frames for most it's competition.

I've had a Reign since 2005.

Edited by Pain or Shine

I've been looking for an 'older' (std head tube) reign frame for quite some time.

A friend of mine has got 1 & he's loving it.

I took a spin on it & like it as well, but haven't been able to tweak it nicely that it fits better than my trance. The trance kicks ass & I'm pretty sure the Reign will too !!! (only a little more whistling.gif )

I have the Reign X - it is aaaawesome.

And as for the fit, it's an AM bike whereas the Trance is a trail / XC WEAPON. The Reign will be able to do all you can on the Trance, but will be a more relaxed style on the way up (not as racey) but will bliksem the trance on the way down.

PorS has the Reign. New frame. He rides all over the place, and is faster than most XC monkeys on the way up. And WAAAAY faster on the way down.

Oh - and as for the price thing, it's just that GIANT DS bikes are THAT much more of a value proposition than the competition. And they work. Wy do you think the Anthem is the most popular DS XC bike in the country? Cheap, well built and bombproof. Ditto for the trance, reign and so on.

Guest Omega Man

Oh. @ the OP. I have a mate who is selling a 2013 Reign 1 if you are interested. It's a medium. Just like the one in the picture. He's fitted it with Hans Dampf tires and a more AM orientated stem. He works for a bike shop and it's a demo bike hence the reason for the sale. PM me if you want his name and number.

Edited by Omega Man