Bike fit help

Butterbean

Ok so I currently ride an alu scott road bike. Size is a virtual 56. TT is 545 ctc. Seattube is 560 ctt.

I'm looking at a carbon frame with the sloping tt, but it's a medium. 534 tt and 540 Seattube.

The reach on the scott feels a tad long, with a 110mm stem on there. But inseam feels good.

Am I pushing my luck with the carbon size, or will it be ok with the seat post sticking out more and not cutting the fork down too much? I'm about 1,8m. Have longer legs and shorter torso, but only slightly.

Please avoid comments on professional bike fit for now, have it planned once I have my frame as there isn't a perfect generic fit.

Thanks!

Please avoid comments on professional bike fit for now, have it planned once I have my frame as there isn't a perfect generic fit.

So you want to get the frame first even if it might be too small??

Save yourself headache and bucks and go do the fitment first!

Medium will be to small....I tried a medium...was to small....went for Large instead...I am 1.84m tall.

I agree with Henk.

As the others have said, you are more likely to require a large than a medium.

That said, bodies all respond differently so it's not to say that you wouldn't be able to ride a medium.

Unfortunately only time in the saddle will answer the question.