Ironman 2014 - 10 Years of Ironman in PE

Garfield2010

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any gel flasks

HI JGR unfortunately no GU branded ones, but I'll let you know if we do get in future.

The tri stores should stock some though.

Sunday 6 April 2014

Synopsis High pressure system in the east bringing warmer conditions.

Weather Cloudy becoming partly cloudy. Temps: Min 16 Max 27

Rainfall Nil

Wind (km/h) NE 15 km/h in the morning but E 30-40 km/h with gusts of

50-60km/h in the afternoon.

Sea State 3ft, SW'ly swell. Choppy conditions in the afternoon.

Not to jinx anything but Windguru is showing the weather for Sunday as quite glorious currently...

Yes, looks like wind will only pick up around 14:00, which should give most enough time to finish the bike.

What's does the "Wave period" on Windguru mean? I see it's in red for Sunday and not for any other day...

Sunday 6 April 2014

Synopsis High pressure system in the east bringing warmer conditions.

Weather Cloudy becoming partly cloudy. Temps: Min 16 Max 27

Rainfall Nil

Wind (km/h) NE 15 km/h in the morning but E 30-40 km/h with gusts of

50-60km/h in the afternoon.

Sea State 3ft, SW'ly swell. Choppy conditions in the afternoon.

Where you getting that from? yr.no and windguru look nothing like that.

Yes, looks like wind will only pick up around 14:00, which should give most enough time to finish the bike.

What's does the "Wave period" on Windguru mean? I see it's in red for Sunday and not for any other day...

Wave period is the time between the swells.... The longer the wave period, the bigger the swell.

Add big swell and big wave period and you have even bigger swell.... When you surfing you want a combo of these. 13 second wave period is pretty dam solid, where as in the Cape we can see wave periods increase to 18 seconds plus when a storm rolls in... :)

The fact the swell drops off with the wind but a wave period increases makes me think it should be "calm" in terms of choppyness but quite big swell out at the back.

Wave period is the time between the swells.... The longer the wave period, the bigger the swell.

Add big swell and big wave period and you have even bigger swell.... When you surfing you want a combo of these. 13 second wave period is pretty dam solid, where as in the Cape we can see wave periods increase to 18 seconds plus when a storm rolls in... :)

The fact the swell drops off with the wind but a wave period increases makes me think it should be "calm" in terms of choppyness but quite big swell out at the back.

OK, cool, thanks. Would rather have big swell than choppiness.

Where you getting that from? yr.no and windguru look nothing like that.

Facebook page - Weather guru

Archived