will this work with a bryton rider 40

akneethling

The CycleOps out front mount works with Bryton and they are in the process of launching a second "better" version but this is only expected end of June earliest.

The CycleOps out front mount works with Bryton and they are in the process of launching a second "better" version but this is only expected end of June earliest.

Thanks. Do you know what the cost on the cycleops is? The current model.

Current model is R150 new model is also expected to be around that mark view www.bicyclepower.co.za for details

Current model is R150 new model is also expected to be around that mark view www.bicyclepower.co.za for details

Thanks

• 2 months later...

bit late onto this but just got my Rider 40 and k-edge. Pretty much all Garmin out fronts work with Bryton but not the other way around.

Only issue I have us that neither the Alero or the k-edge fit my oversized / flat top bars - well more precisely the oversized carbon stem takes up all the room on the round so I can't use the out front.

Anyone else encountered this or see a out front option that have a different shaped / thinner bracket for flat topped bars?

or does anyoen hafve a 3d printer knocking about that they want to do some testing with? ;)

Bars that are causing me issues. Got the std rubber mount strapped on with only 1 band and 2 clips used to get it over the fricking stupid sized stem I seem to have bought...

Also my Rider 40 moves about in the mount I keep having to straighten it.

post-15825-0-07830900-1377608681_thumb.jpg

Bars that are causing me issues. Got the std rubber mount strapped on with only 1 band and 2 clips used to get it over the fricking stupid sized stem I seem to have bought...

post-15825-0-07830900-1377608681_thumb.jpg

That mount is 45 degrees off. It's supposed to be held on my 2 bands, not just one. That's also why the GPS moves about, because it's not "clicked" into place. The "click" is 90 degrees from the insertion position. Use the longest bands and use 2 of them with the tabs at 45 degrees from vertical/horizontal.

I hope this makes sense.

....or mount the holder on the bar itself...

hellocolour.....i had a similar problem

using a ITM Ksword flat bar and its oversize weired stem (has no front cap to loosen....bar has to slide through it from one side)

I used a barfly mount....its plastic...so just heated it up with a heat gun to the shape i wanted......then fitted it on......if you looked at mine now, youd say it was designed for a flat bar.

That mount is 45 degrees off. It's supposed to be held on my 2 bands, not just one. That's also why the GPS moves about, because it's not "clicked" into place. The "click" is 90 degrees from the insertion position. Use the longest bands and use 2 of them with the tabs at 45 degrees from vertical/horizontal.

I hope this makes sense.

....or mount the holder on the bar itself...

I hear you, the issue is that when I turn the mount sideways the triangle bits on the bottom mean it doesn't sit well on the stem and move about. I tried turning the rubbers but then it doesn't fit in the mount.

Mounting on the bar won't work as I climb with my hands on the paddles right next to the stem... hence the out front angle.

I know, I'm high maintenance.

Edited by hellocolour

hellocolour.....i had a similar problem

using a ITM Ksword flat bar and its oversize weired stem (has no front cap to loosen....bar has to slide through it from one side)

I used a barfly mount....its plastic...so just heated it up with a heat gun to the shape i wanted......then fitted it on......if you looked at mine now, youd say it was designed for a flat bar.

Now you're talking... that is a good 'fix'. Time to return the K-edge and Alero and pull out the bar fly / heat gun.