[Event] The Waterberg Toyota Lindani MTB Classic

alanvc

Event Name: The Waterberg Toyota Lindani MTB Classic
When: 20 July 2013 - 21 July 2013
Where: Lindani game farm, Vaalwater, Limpopo
Category: MTB

One to diarize. Come and join us for a fun filled weekend of mountainbiking in the pristine Waterberg bushveld on Lindani game farm just 2 1/2 hours north of Jhb/Pta. The inaugural two day stage race of 55km + 45km will take place on the Saturday and Sunday, and a shorter 30km and 10km race on the Saturday.

What to expect

2-Day Stage Race: (20th & 21st July)

Day 1- 55km, Elevation Gain 924m, Elevation loss 924m, 2 waterpoints. Start time:9.30am

A good mix of farm road and single track through beautiful mountain bushveld. The route takes you all the way down to the Phalala river valley, and then up to the highest part of the farm, before descending into a beautiful amphitheater below. A few rocky technical down hill sections that will thrill the more technically able, but are not too long should you prefer to walk. A highlight is definitely the newly built single track for the last 17km where you will be treated to some beautiful scenery. Be ready for the 3 Amps drop in, a steep decent into a beautiful valley below with spectacular sandstone cliffs.

Day 2 - 45km, Elevation Gain 823m, Elevation loss 823m, 1 waterpoint. Start time: 9.30am

A sequence of ascents followed by exciting descents interspersed with free flowing stretches and a number of stream crossings (two of which are wet crossings). It switches between easy and technical single track and farm roads with the proportion of single track and technical section being higher than on the first day. You will love this day as its changing all the time with lots of interesting little challenges all the way.

Don't be deceived by the relatively short distances of the two days, you will have to work hard for your kilometers as its up and down all the way, but its all fun riding.

Cash prizes for individual overall (ladies and men) as well as Limpopo inter town team challenge.

30km Race(20th July)

Elevation gain 490m, Elevation loss 490m. 2 waterpoints. Start time:9.45am

The course is mainly on farm roads with three fun stretches of single track which will take you through some beautiful woodland and open field parts of the farm. Expect two stream crossings which are likely to be wet crossings. You will have the chance to enjoy the thrilling single tracks of roller coaster ravine and down and out, lots of fun and nothing overly technical. Bushveld riding at its best. Cash Prizes for overall and U18. Family challenge prize (weekend at Lindani) for first two members of a family on aggregate time.

10km Race(20th July)

Elevation gain 106m, Elevation loss 106m. 1 waterpoint. Start time: 10.00am

This course is especially for children under twelve. Its all on farm roads with no single track and has no dangerous technical sections. The race will be followed by a sweeper vehicle to ensure all children arrive at the finish. Prizes for U12 and U10.

Good prize money for all races thanks to our sponsor Waterberg Toyota

See website link above for details of course routes

Look forward to seeing you there

Go to Event Page

Entered both days... looking forward to some awesome single track MTBing! A great effort being made by the owners to constantly improve the quality of the trails. And a fun weekend away with the family.

• 1 year later...
Entered both days... looking forward to some awesome single track MTBing! A great effort being made by the owners to constantly improve the quality of the trails. And a fun weekend away with the family.

What was your experience? Thinking of the 2014 edition if plans fall in place

• 3 weeks later...

What was your experience? Thinking of the 2014 edition if plans fall in place

Im in for this years one this weekend...

Has anyone done it that can give a review?

I rode the 30km last year and will most likely be there on Saturday to do the 30km again depending how I feel after this afternoons ride after I finally got the best of the cold that I had.

Last year was a sufferfest for me but I got there unprepared and took a gel at the start and somehow lost the follow gels and my energy levels really low after about 15km's. The single track was very nice. There was two lekker technical rocky dropoffs that was fun if you didn't have someone walking it in front of you.

It looks like they changed the route from last year to stay on the one side of the big dirt road so not sure how much single track will be there compared to last year.

They built ablution facilities this year also so no portapotties. lol. If its not to far to drive I think its a must to ride. Loads of nice places to stay close by and a beautiful part of the country.