fragile bearings on Stans 3.30 hubs

wapad

I have had to replace bearings on the Stans Arch EX front and rear after 1000 kms and then on the rear 80 Kms later ( maybe that set was dud) admittedly my bike stood for 2 months while I was away

even when the bearings are new they feel nothing like my Old Easton XCT 70 where the hubs were way smoother

Is this something shared by others

Is it possible to get better quality bearings or is this something one has to live with

Its only something you feel when you take the wheels off

I'm now thinking about better quality hubs which are still fairly light.

I'm now thinking about better quality hubs which are still fairly light.

You can't have your cake and eat it. Light hubs require small bearings. Small bearings are just not as durable as large bearings.

Durable or light - choose one and live with it.

Any Clues as to a durable hub with easily available spares

I sold my Eastons because spare werent easily available and I couldnt convert the Easton hub to thru-axle and after contacting agents in SA and the States.. it seems I had to buy new wheels which I thought was madness

Any Clues as to a durable hub with easily available spares

I sold my Eastons because spare werent easily available and I couldnt convert the Easton hub to thru-axle and after contacting agents in SA and the States.. it seems I had to buy new wheels which I thought was madness

Hope hubs are great value.

Enduro bearings last me about 2000km on the front and about 1000km on the back. Make sure to not damage the bearings when installing them. Ive been thinking about getting new axil's machined for a smaller inner race bearing for my 330 hubs so I can use bearings with slightly larger balls.

Edited by BigWheelMTB