WP XC Champs Cycling Results

Karl K

I think it is ridiculous that there are no results published 5 days after a provincial championship was held. I phoned WP cycling as to date there has been zero communication on the delay of the results to the participants via email or SMS or on the WP cycling website. They say that the organisers have not released the results yet - something to do with a new timing system.

Very unprofessional in my opinion...

Dont forget they don't get paid for this you know, so why should they do a decent job of it.

Bunch of hackers.

I think your comments are harsh considering mails were sent out at the beginning of the week to thank participants and notify us that results needed to be audited before being sent out later this week. The organizers and sponsors worked their butts off for this event and they deserve praise.

So thanks so much to the race organizers (Arno and Lolette Lubbe, race commissionaire Chris Nixon, course designer Brian Strauss and others) and sponsors (especially Stephan vdWalt of Paarl Media). The entry procedures were flawless, the best goodie bags I've seen in years, well marked and marshaled course, classy medals, printed certificates to those who got provincial colours, CWC for the bike wash, ...

Really worth signing up for the newsletter - comms were first class. You probably also missed the notification of the race pics (free downloads available): click here