2x10 drivetrain - derailleur skipping

sjeants

Thanks for the many responses on this - I think madmarc is on the money and I will give this a bash. My research ability outstrips my mechical abilities so will look for more professional assistance on this. As the components are new - we can eliminate wear as a possible cause. My main aim was to confirm if anyone had similar issues AND if I was misusing the components (both achieved now - thanks).

In defence of my LBS - they have been dilligent in trying to assist me (have always given me great service) but as I said in a controlled enviornment it is difficult to reproduce and making changes can only be tested on a ride where the same variables come into play. I think this is as frustrating for them as it is for me. What is frustrating is that it doesn't always occur and thus troubleshooting variables is difficult. You soon learn if your LBS is crap and then move on to find one that is good. I have faith that my LBS is trying to assist with a strange problem.

I will have a chat with the machy at my LBS and go over the suggestions - check against SRAM instructions and settings advised. I will send it to another shop for 2nd opinion on setup if I don't come right. Maybe it is time for a course with JB's Yellow Saddles. :eek:

No your LBS is crap, your problem is what the lbs should be able to fix and we can't.

Sorting these kind of issues does take a more than usual amount of effort, ie a good few solid test rides etc. Some mechanics just can't stomach the effort all at once so they make you run around for a few weeks and then finally string together all the troubleshooting that needs doing and finally solve the issue after wasting monumental amounts of your time. But I suppose if you don't mind running the gambit with them then all good!!!

Think of how complex a car is then think of how complex a MTB is....