Saddle problem

Carbon Junky

I had a problem that my bits went numb after an hours ride. Great motivator for sub 3 rides but not lekker. Changed my saddle to have a cut out accross the length of the saddle. Riding for 3 months no problems yet.

Hi Jaco we sympathize with you. We all have that "friend" who has embarrassing situations like this...

is he riding with a regular underpants on?

Hi Capricorn, I will ask him tomorrow, he is new to cycling, so probably yes

I had a problem that my bits went numb after an hours ride. Great motivator for sub 3 rides but not lekker. Changed my saddle to have a cut out accross the length of the saddle. Riding for 3 months no problems yet.

What saddle are you currently using?

Hi Jaco we sympathize with you. We all have that "friend" who has embarrassing situations like this...

Hahahaha no no, Im the hard saddle type ;) . I do however like helping others getting into the sport and making sure they enjoy it at the same time while helping myself gain more experience by helping out others.

The ISM saddles must be set up properly to get the benefit of their design. The rails (NOT the top of the saddle) must be set level. It looks like you'll slide forward but you won't. And there should be about 5 cm of saddle sticking out behind his backside when he's seated in the correct position. To compensate for the short nose the saddle will probably have to be setback an additional 6 cm (measured from the crank axis) when compared to a normal saddle.

If you've got all that right (as per the video on their website) and it still not working I see that Specialized have just released something similar that looks a little narrower in the nose, called the Sitero. But I haven't located one locally yet.

The ISM saddles must be set up properly to get the benefit of their design. The rails (NOT the top of the saddle) must be set level. It looks like you'll slide forward but you won't. And there should be about 5 cm of saddle sticking out behind his backside when he's seated in the correct position. To compensate for the short nose the saddle will probably have to be setback an additional 6 cm (measured from the crank axis) when compared to a normal saddle.

If you've got all that right (as per the video on their website) and it still not working I see that Specialized have just released something similar that looks a little narrower in the nose, called the Sitero. But I haven't located one locally yet.

Thanks for the info. One can only give so much advise to a person and then they start thinking that you're just bullshitting them or thats just how I get. I will look into that Sitero saddle. Much appreciated

I had a Sella Italia SLR saddle and changed to Fizike Arione Versus saddle. Mind the spelling.