Monarch XX remote lever trouble

VeloErv

Anyone got a solution for the remote lockout lever that's acting up? It's on my new bike and the suspension is locked(ridged) on both the on and off positions. Here's the crazy part: it's the second day in a row where I get to the bike in the morning to go ride and the suspension is locked, but the previous evening everything was fine....

Do you hang your bike overnight? the lever works in reverse logic, if it's not depressing any fluid then it will remain locked.

I hang mine but don't have this issue, but could foresee that if there are air bubbles in the system they may creep into the lever overnight.

Have you tried bleeding it, probably best to do it in the morning when you have the issue present.

Edited by Zilla

Thanks Zilla. I don't have a bleeding kit but will get it through to our SRAM service centre on Monday, just a bit frustrating seeing the new 29R standing there waiting for me...

Thanks Zilla. I don't have a bleeding kit but will get it through to our SRAM service centre on Monday, just a bit frustrating seeing the new 29R standing there waiting for me...

Have you tried just adjusting the barrel adjuster a bit . These levers dont work with too little or too much presure.

fiddle with that a bit.

Sealed hydraulic unit so no adjustment, or am I missing something?

Where the hose leaves the lever there is a alloy adjuster at the join. Try turning it anti clock wise one turn then test one turn then test.

If all fails to improve then turn back again.

If this does not help,the X Lock lever needs to be bled.

Edited by 20niner

http://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_small/public/images/products/remotes/rmt_upkit_12-13rvlsida_wc_mcdna_xlocr.a11w.jpeg?itok=gd9zal2p

This is the lever you have?

That goldish sleeve there is the adjuster.

Looks like that yes but without the gold sleeve, only a rubber sleeve to cover the the hose connector

Looks like that yes but without the gold sleeve, only a rubber sleeve to cover the the hose connector

Oh That one must be bled.Dont know why they removed the adjustor on these.

There is no adjuster on the shock remote, only on the fork. The adjuster is the lockout threshold setting and really only required on the fork.