Power: PMC in WKO+

pgfourie

I?ve been using WK0+ for a while, but still can?t figure out the PMC.  How must the the 3 curves (TSB, ATL and CTL) be interpreted?  Yes, I?ve been through the Power 101 tutorial on their website, but still don?t get it (I?m a cyclist remember, not a Rocket Scientist Smile).

1.   It seems that the TSB is always the opposite of the ATL.  But this does not make sense.  Isn?t the TSB suppose to tell me when I?m moving into the ?over-training zone??  The way I understand it, ATL is my shorter term (7-day) training load, so how come TSB is always the opposite of ATL?

2.  If CTL (which I understand to be my longer term training load) tends up for a while, does it mean I?m moving into an ?over-training zone??

3.   What then are the indicators for over-training?  When CTL tends upward?  When ATL goes down (and TSB goes up)?

4.   What must the 3 curves look like if I want to peak for say the Argus and be rested enough (i.e. not in an ?over-training zone?) at the right time for the event?

5.  If TSB is an indicator for peak performance, must it necessarily be positive to indicate that I?m peaking at the right time?  Or must it just tends upward?

Hi pgfourie - the PMC is so much more than about overtraining. Where are you in the Western Cape? If you want to, we can arrange to have a PMC coffee chat. (a picture paints a thousand words)