Thanks Cajees Krugersdorp

Mojoman

Yesterday I drove all the way to Solomons in Woodmead for a cassette I was quoted a price of R599 on (SRAM 1050). Upon arriving there they did not have one, only a 1070 and that was R720..What a lekker drive from Magalies for nothing really....not the first time these guys have wasted my time (they couldnt fit a FD on my bike the last time and took all morning to get to this conclusion) but its certainly the last time.

So I left and went on a mission. It looks like bike shops only want to sell you expensive parts (no suprise there) so at the end of the day I went home empty handed as not all of us have money to burn.

Went to visit a friend in Krugersdorp today and took a drive over to Cajees to see what wirebead tyres they had laying around (I have another rant about the scarcity of wirebead 26in Crossmarks) and chatted to the owner about the 10 speed cassettes and the lack of the lower end SRAM cassettes. He gave me a Shimano one and told me to go home and try it out and if I am happy with it I can come back next week and pay. Just fitted all my new parts and it works a treat.

Granted I have been in and out of this shop for many years but I was suprised at the owners trust, so if you are in the Krugersdorp area please support these guys if you can for off the shelf items.

Next time try Fareed at Cycle Zone in Rustenburg first. Their mechanical service is not 100% (used to be, might have improved), but their selling service is great. He also will not try and sell you what you do not need, and the prices is good. It is also a damn site closer to drive than Woodmead.

Cycle Zone = 014 592 7381

Edited by Wannabe