Membership blues!

Maniax

Which means, PPA membership is the important one.... but, then not all funrides/events are PPA sanctioned? Back into darkness I fear! :blush:

Sure, some in the Western Cape aren't PPA, but about 90% are and even the ones that aren't would use your PPA seeding to decide where you start.

I'd recommend getting your PPA membership, your RaceTec chip and taking it from there.

I see some light through the haze. thanks. I'll do the PPA.

This means if I don't do CSA, that I'll pay the extra R35 odd at non-PPA races, like the Engen coming up in Oct/Nov?

It might then be wiser rather to make sure I have both PPA and CSA covered. That should suffice for 99% of cycling registration requirements?

I see some light through the haze. thanks. I'll do the PPA.

This means if I don't do CSA, that I'll pay the extra R35 odd at non-PPA races, like the Engen coming up in Oct/Nov?

It might then be wiser rather to make sure I have both PPA and CSA covered. That should suffice for 99% of cycling registration requirements?

yes

My brother just got his racing licence. As far as I know you need a racing licence to race with the elites in races. If you dont have that licence you will race only open seeded.

Exactly that.

All you need to know to get a race number on your back, OP.

Get the PPA registration done and you can race and be rated according to the performance system (PPA Seeding Ladder).

When I race League (Elites, SV, Vets, etc.) I have to buy the CSA license.

Hi Daniel, Dales' advice is good.

Living in the Cape, join PPA first and start racing / riding. Then, if you are of the racing-snake variety, join CSA as well so you can enter their races without having to pay for individual race day licences.

Personally, I belong to both. To the PPA because in the Cape they do a lot for cycling, I ride lots of their races and I like to think they deserve my support in return. To CSA because it saves me the hassle to get a day license for the 1 or 2 events of theirs a year that I might do, not so much because I feel they do a hell of a lot for an old racing tortoise like me.

Thanks Daniel. I am also new to cycling and the threads above have certainly shed a lot more light. I will also go with the PPA Reg and get the Racetech chip for timed events.