Hammerhead Bike navigation

AdrianDJ

interesting...done by two saffas now based in the states.

However i think it's a bit silly. it's just a bluetooth extension of an iphone app.

going to battle to get people lining up at $100

edit: seems an obvious app for a smart watch...iwatch/pebble/gear

Edited by Shebeen

Hi guys. I am the co-founder of Hammerhead Navigation.

Ask any questions you would like answered. We are working on shaping this product to make sense for the guy who uses their smartphone but doesn't have a Garmin.

The focus will be route discovery and quick selection directly from your phone. We are hoping the elimination of using your desktop/laptop to plan routes and minimal syncing will appeal to people wanting to ride a different jaunt on the weekend. For new cyclists its quite effective when used to follow friend's or "community" routes.

We are looking to work alongside the Strava / Mapmyride ecosystem to get more valuable route data and lead cyclists on their favourite segment or route.

Thanks for the props CaneRat. Shebeen, send your thoughts over and it will help us refine the focus of the business.

Edited by Laz

Thanks for the props Snakesmile.

It was great speaking to Richard Cutcher at HumanIPO for that article.

We recently got the chance to have a long conversation and Skype with a reporter at FastCo Labs. We wanted to share a little more of our startup story and where we have been the last few months.

http://www.fastcolabs.com/3017450/inside-the-hammerhead-an-urban-cyclists-dream-device

We were thinking of adding a funding goal that will be a custom designed biking tour of South Africa. In terms of mountain and road riding there are so many routes in SA that are just perfect.

What would you say are the most iconic mountain-bike rides in SA?

Hi guys. I am the co-founder of Hammerhead Navigation.

Thanks for the props CaneRat. Shebeen, send your thoughts over and it will help us refine the focus of the business.

I wish you guys the best of luck, but I think you're designing a brilliant product that could have a very limited market window.

I don't see what you're really offering over a smartwatch mounted on a handlebar. If you stay hardware agnostic and offer a purely software navigation tool/app then you're playing with mapmyride/strava who already have a massive userbase.

I'm not trying to be overly critical here, but that's my first impressions. You seem to be getting lots of traction so maybe I'm missing something, I'll look at your app when I've got more time.