STI Repair

riaanb

Look on the www.chainreactions.com site. You may get single shifters there. I saw Dura Ace 3 speed not long ago for round about R1200.00. Just make sure, if you order you get the correct model and colour. Difficult to change items when they are situated in Ireland.

Thanks, had a look first up and thought they started at R2500k before Vat etc, but I'll go back and see.

Thanks, had a look first up and thought they started at R2500k before Vat etc, but I'll go back and see.

These were items on sale that I saw. Not sure if you can use three speed as a two speed. It all depends on the limiter screws I think????????

Put a wanted ad in the classified, you may be lucky in that someone has had a similar fall but the other side and the STI you want is sitting in a draw as they have replaced theirs.

As it's looking like you will have to buy new, and if none of the leads are any help, then try to take it apart and fix it. Here a link to show you how http://www.norvil.net/pedal/service/shimanosti/, you got nothing to loose as is looking more and more like you have to buy a complete replacement anyway.

Put a wanted ad in the classified, you may be lucky in that someone has had a similar fall but the other side and the STI you want is sitting in a draw as they have replaced theirs.

As it's looking like you will have to buy new, and if none of the leads are any help, then try to take it apart and fix it. Here a link to show you how http://www.norvil.ne...ice/shimanosti/, you got nothing to loose as is looking more and more like you have to buy a complete replacement anyway.

You're right, nothing to lose. I'll follow the link now.

Did u try to spray WD40 in there? You must spray it full untill it runs out and leave it for a few min. It worked for me on 2 sets of STi. If that doesn't work then its going to set u back a bit.

It seems Shimano now sell parts for these. Coolheat were most helpful and said they would supply my LBS with a replacement part. Waiting for it to arrive, so I'll keep you posted.

This is good news..... Spidey will be verrrry happy about this, he can now fix up those much hated STi's and remove the Crapangnoglia thingies to ride a proper bike.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, after the LBS ordered the replacement body, turns out both parts were broken and so I needed a whole new STI. Had it fitted last week - R1700 for the left one.

Ciao