Engen Cycle Challenge

hayleyearth

morning

That was fun ! Great race , well marshaled (Thanks Road Rangers - 5 Star) Not too bad road surface . . .

On the first real hill , I found myself in no- mans- land so I grabbed onto the first group passing. 5 or 6 of us) We steadily grew to 20 odd and stayed with this group till the end

Thanx for the 2 tandems keeping the wind at "bay"

5 km from the end and our group relaxing along I realized that I would not make the sub 3 . . . and "forced "a "break away" on an uphill stretch (We were 3 or s ) Just as we sped off and getting a rhythm going a gust wind rained dust and sand in our way. I almost fell and with a mouth full of sand , I looked for shelter in the group again.

So I , left my sprint a bit to late as I was talking all kinds of "kuk" with my new tandem baddies . . . and managed a 3:00:04

Any way , great race and belief this one will stay on the calendar in future and will only grow !

Will be back

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for that girl who had a piece of prestik stuck on her seat.

She started in the BL bunch - next to those 2 clowns with sound boxes on the bikes.

Thanks for the "tube" ! :)

does anyone have the total ascent for either 52 km or 107km?

According to my Garmin the long distance was 103.7km and the corrected elevation 818m.

According to my Garmin the long distance was 103.7km and the corrected elevation 818m.

so 52 or rather 48 about half of that?have entered another race with a lot more elevation so just want to have an idea of what i am letting myself in for

morning

That was fun ! Great race , well marshaled (Thanks Road Rangers - 5 Star) Not too bad road surface . . .

On the first real hill , I found myself in no- mans- land so I grabbed onto the first group passing. 5 or 6 of us) We steadily grew to 20 odd and stayed with this group till the end

Thanx for the 2 tandems keeping the wind at "bay"

5 km from the end and our group relaxing along I realized that I would not make the sub 3 . . . and "forced "a "break away" on an uphill stretch (We were 3 or s ) Just as we sped off and getting a rhythm going a gust wind rained dust and sand in our way. I almost fell and with a mouth full of sand , I looked for shelter in the group again.

So I , left my sprint a bit to late as I was talking all kinds of "kuk" with my new tandem baddies . . . and managed a 3:00:04

Any way , great race and belief this one will stay on the calendar in future and will only grow !

Will be back

Hi Prozac, I think we rode a long way together, we were on the red, white and black Tandem, white and blue kit

Hi Prozac, I think we rode a long way together, we were on the red, white and black Tandem, white and blue kit

Thanks for your help !

so 52 or rather 48 about half of that?have entered another race with a lot more elevation so just want to have an idea of what i am letting myself in for

Not sure what route the shorter distance followed so can't comment on whether you can just half it. What other race did you enter? The gutters and drags combined were quite tough in the Engen, although the elevation might not sound that much.

Not sure what route the shorter distance followed so can't comment on whether you can just half it. What other race did you enter? The gutters and drags combined were quite tough in the Engen, although the elevation might not sound that much.

well i have done the d2d 48km,race for victory 54km,dischem ride for sight 62km (that was an easy 1) and emperors 50km,also easy.

i am entered for the 80km jacaranda satelite,but looking at the profile and total ascend of 955m i am in for a long ride.but i am taking it as a learning curve.

• 7 months later...

A friend of mine rides Pro. They have already included it in their planning. I think it will happen.

I hope it does but with only approx 4 months until race day one would think that they would have an updated website and possibly even be taking entries.