Cheapest Domestic Flights? Help Please.

Caerus

Hmm, I saw that, but from my understanding listening to the quick news flash, Kulula and BA are ordered by the court to assist passengers at the ticket price at the time they booked for, but I dont know how they will react to this, not very well is my feeling so maybe get onto them quickly and secure a seat if possible or find out how they can accommodate you.

Poor show on Comairs part in my opinion, very anti competitive.

As I have it they were ordered by Judge Bertelsman to do it. It all goes about the SA representation on Safair as a company. Safair has been an Irish company now for more than ten years. Their CEO was born in SA but has been an Irish resident for a very long time. He claims frivolantly he will eventually retire in SA.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I saw that, but from my understanding listening to the quick news flash, Kulula and BA are ordered by the court to assist passengers at the ticket price at the time they booked for, but I dont know how they will react to this, not very well is my feeling so maybe get onto them quickly and secure a seat if possible or find out how they can accommodate you.

Poor show on Comairs part in my opinion, very anti competitive.

I was wondering the same thing but then again I suppose the playing field should be even. I do not know the history of Comair in detail but maybe they have been denied investors before due to the law of the 25% stake. If that was the case I suppose that it would only be fair if the same applies to the new kids on the block.

I was wondering the same thing but then again I suppose the playing field should be even. I do not know the history of Comair in detail but maybe they have been denied investors before due to the law of the 25% stake. If that was the case I suppose that it would only be fair if the same applies to the new kids on the block.

Sure, I hear you, but I think the issue is more about Air Services Licensing board than Fly Safair.

It seems Comair is still disputing the 75% ownership even though the Air services Licensing board rejected Comair's objection to granting the license based on those grounds, so it would seem in reality FlySafair was entirely in its right to start selling tickets.

I just think Comair going to court for an interdict against FlySafair's entry smacks of anti competitive behavior, I can understand it though, theres big money involved.

Ultimately here the flying public suffers the most, but I like the Judge's order that Comair must accommodate stranded FlySafair's passengers at the same price and ticket date, I doubt very much Comair expected that, certainly to my knowledge its never happened before, so they will feel the pain of angry customers as well because its going to be hard to accommodate everyone, plus their own paying passengers on the day.

Sure, I hear you, but I think the issue is more about Air Services Licensing board than Fly Safair.

It seems Comair is still disputing the 75% ownership even though the Air services Licensing board rejected Comair's objection to granting the license based on those grounds, so it would seem in reality FlySafair was entirely in its right to start selling tickets.

I just think Comair going to court for an interdict against FlySafair's entry smacks of anti competitive behavior, I can understand it though, theres big money involved.

Ultimately here the flying public suffers the most, but I like the Judge's order that Comair must accommodate stranded FlySafair's passengers at the same price and ticket date, I doubt very much Comair expected that, certainly to my knowledge its never happened before, so they will feel the pain of angry customers as well because its going to be hard to accommodate everyone, plus their own paying passengers on the day.

This is what I would like to know, how are they going to accommodate me on the peak hour Friday evening flight as well as coming back on the Monday morning. As I mentioned that particular peak hour flight on Kulula was R2500.

This is what I would like to know, how are they going to accommodate me on the peak hour Friday evening flight as well as coming back on the Monday morning. As I mentioned that particular peak hour flight on Kulula was R2500.

Yah, I hear your pain, Comair is going to plead "Limited seats" so best would be to try and get in early and fight to secure a seat, when the news hits today its going to be a blood bath there with people trying to secure seats, I would hit the Kulula call centre the minute it opens and see what they can do to assist you.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Yah, I hear your pain, Comair is going to plead "Limited seats" so best would be to try and get in early and fight to secure a seat, when the news hits today its going to be a blood bath there with people trying to secure seats, I would hit the Kulula call centre the minute it opens and see what they can do to assist you.

I've tried everything this morning, not joy. No replies to emails, the call centres are jammed up and busy, this is not looking good. :( (I need a crying emoticon)

I also like the Judges ruling. Comair could have thrown that spanner in the wheels some time ago. It would make Comair think again. If I was Comair I would add an extra flight and give the oaks the best service ever during the peak times of the day and write if off as a PR/Marketing exercise. What I would like to see is that the continues bailing out of SAA stops. If they can't manage an airline properly they must go the same route as Swissair.

Just had a personal call from the VP of FlySafair this morning, and had a good chat, you make enough of a stink and without being rude and things happen it seems. There are lawyers meetings going on behind the scenes, between Comairs Lawyers and FlySafair, the banks(for refunds to happen immedietly.)

This is a major PR disaster for Comair and the other airlines involved in getting this interdict. I'm sure it will be in their own interests to sort this out. They have to abide by the judges ruling and accommodate all passengers at the time & dates already booked. The VP said, they have their planes ready to be used if Comair can't accommodate all the extra 3000 passengers.

Lets hope that the small guys win this cause I for one am sick to death of this anti-competitive business dealing in this country and is having a negative effect on the economy & business as a result.

Just had a personal call from the VP of FlySafair this morning, and had a good chat, you make enough of a stink and without being rude and things happen it seems. There are lawyers meetings going on behind the scenes, between Comairs Lawyers and FlySafair, the banks(for refunds to happen immedietly.)

This is a major PR disaster for Comair and the other airlines involved in getting this interdict. I'm sure it will be in their own interests to sort this out. They have to abide by the judges ruling and accommodate all passengers at the time & dates already booked. The VP said, they have their planes ready to be used if Comair can't accommodate all the extra 3000 passengers.

Lets hope that the small guys win this cause I for one am sick to death of this anti-competitive business dealing in this country and is having a negative effect on the economy & business as a result.

Good. I for one think Comair expected to just walk away unscathed and stop the competition, good thing the judge thought different.

One of the board members is a Mr Gupta as mentioned earlier. They have a reputation for organising planes ... red carpets and all. Shoud not be a problem :whistling:

Well after spending a large part of my day on hold, and numerous emails later, I have managed to get a flight booked onto a Kulula flight. That same flight had I paid the Kulula price was R4k - Something not right here.

One thing I have learnt from chatting to many people and the VP of FlySafair is that we all get shafted massively by the airlines. That same 4K flight starts of at R400+taxes :eek: Makes one sick to the stomach to be honest.

Well after spending a large part of my day on hold, and numerous emails later, I have managed to get a flight booked onto a Kulula flight. That same flight had I paid the Kulula price was R4k - Something not right here.

One thing I have learnt from chatting to many people and the VP of FlySafair is that we all get shafted massively by the airlines. That same 4K flight starts of at R400+taxes :eek: Makes one sick to the stomach to be honest.

Yah, I agree, the main thing is though you got a flight I guess, but the poor fellow sitting next to you who paid 4k must be feeling a little green around the gills. :w00t:

Yah, I agree, the main thing is though you got a flight I guess, but the poor fellow sitting next to you who paid 4k must be feeling a little green around the gills. :w00t:

I'll let him know :clap: Yeah, thank goodness I got a flight, and I ven managed to get an extra hour out of it with the missus, so happy days, stressful, but happy days.

I'll let him know :clap: Yeah, thank goodness I got a flight, and I ven managed to get an extra hour out of it with the missus, so happy days, stressful, but happy days.

I recon that will certainly ruin his day.! :lol: