Pump track

BrendanM

Guest Omega Man

many dog-walking-grannies on the war path who will make it their life's mission to get anything fun torn down.

I thought the fun police only lived here in Cape Town. I find it rather ironic (or is that moronic?) that they'll rather have no riders making it prime for bergies, drug addicts whores and criminals rather than having an area utilized by people who pay their taxes and don't **** in the bushes. I guess that's a discussion for another day tho.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's the spot BikeBailing was suggesting, how easy would it be to access with the TLB?

Very easy... there's a road right there, a complex being built next door, and council has been known to use one of their TLBs in the area... so easy access and fairly unsuspiscious.

Just as long as we don't dump rubble, there are residents already fighting with the developers over this. (but that is unlikely, as trail builders turn rubble into pretty jumps and berms)

Has anyone here calling for a pump track every even built a half decent sized jump?

I know Super_mil, Peach, and myself have. (I was going to say Google, but I remember spending a few days one december building a landing for one of his jumps :P :lol: )

Anyway, those who have will know how much work it is to dig for, move, pack, and shape a relatively small amount of dirt.

A pump track is going to require 20x or more that amount of dirt and work. I am of the opinion (and yes this is my opinion) that in order to build a half decent pump track. One with real berms, and flow, thought out and planned (not like the rubbish one at the bike park), one will either:

• only see its completion just in time for the next Olympic Games
  • need a labour force of 15 plus (those who build will know this is rare)
  • need a bobcat (or TLB if SomeBloke gets his way)

The last option sounds the most feasable. So wherever this proposed pump track goes, I'd suggest that it can be accessed by a small earth moving vehicle, as well as not draw too much attention to said vehicle.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, I have seen you guys 'build'. It took you and Peach the whole morning only to build this:

post-24697-0-67064500-1382427385_thumb.jpg

Maybe cause you were standing around most of the time:

post-24697-0-82799800-1382427469_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I have seen you guys 'build'. It took you and Peach the whole morning only to build this:

That's why we're trying to inception thoughts of a TLB into all those interested :ph34r: :lol:

EDIT: and we did more than that. We cleared a trail. moved some big logs. built a ski jump, AND posed for pictures! :P

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

Where's the pic of you building?

Standing around talking *** most of the time is 80% of building. And riding, actually.

yup! that's pretty much the sum of what happens at the scout hall on friday afternoons. Unless you're DesEllis... we don't talk to him :lol:

I remember a couple of us that wanted to modify the line into the tabletop at Delta. We changed the line and then started digging a little kicker beforehand.

A couple of old grannies walked past.... "you can't do this here....!!"

I remember a couple of us that wanted to modify the line into the tabletop at Delta. We changed the line and then started digging a little kicker beforehand.

That granny unfortunately is on the Delta environmental whatever commitee. The funny part was when she was complaining at us Sidewinder kept on digging kinda in slow motion. She looked like she was going to give him a backhander. I though Peach was going to burst out laughing.

That granny unfortunately is on the Delta environmental whatever commitee. The funny part was when she was complaining at us Sidewinder kept on digging kinda in slow motion. She looked like she was going to give him a backhander. I though Peach was going to burst out laughing.

So when can we expect you Delta Parktonians to fix up both lips to that table?

:lol: just kidding. But I think a sneaky maintenance mission is in order

Guest Omega Man

Are you insinuating that I am the type of girl that mind to get her hands dirty?

Gloves?

So you crit their efforts but you won't get involved yourself? You must know my wife. Hehehe.

The exact same lady we had to deal with regards to the other trail. Her, Geoff Lockwood and the ward counselour. She is pretty tight with the counselour. The guys from move sorted out most of the politics with them tho.

Gloves?

So you crit their efforts but you won't get involved yourself? You must know my wife. Hehehe.

I leave the gloves for the boys to wear (ask patch)

If I were to criticize anything anyone is doing then it would be seen though my absence and not moaning about it (i.o.w. I won't ride the trails, which I do actually in this instance).

If I was you I would have asked myself a few questions before making assumptions (that I am like your wife - sounds a bit disrespectful there to be honest)....

Who do you think took the pics?

If I wasnt trying to get involved, would I have been there at all?

I wasnt invited to that meeting/building, but I passed when I was doing a morning ride and stopped and made some conversation and even did a test ride and then assisted them helping by getting the tools back to the car...

So who here was the crit..........you or me?

Edited by hayleyearth

Guest Omega Man

I leave the gloves for the boys to wear (ask patch)

If I were to criticize anything anyone is doing then it would be seen though my absence and not moaning about it (i.o.w. I won't ride the trails, which I do actually in this instance).

If I was you I would have asked myself a few questions before making assumptions (that I am like your wife - sounds a bit disrespectful there to be honest)....

Who do you think took the pics?

If I wasnt trying to get involved, would I have been there at all?

I wasnt invited to that meeting/building, but I passed when I was doing a morning ride and stopped and made some conversation and even did a test ride and then assisted them helping by getting the tools back to the car...

So who here was the crit..........you or me?

Eish. Ok I'll leave now.