ATTACKS IN PTA EAST

JRH

I was on my (motor-)bike this morning and went from Solomon Mahlangu via Garsfontein to Que Sera and came back via Lynwood road. There were many MTB on and net to he road, one large group, few single but mostly 2-3 bikes together.

Has the safety improved or is it still risky areas to ride in, especially the Garsfontein stretch?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a group of riders this evening that were shot at it was just me and another guy from Parkview Night Riders (PNR). The place where we were almost bike-jacked was going down Garsfontein road from Mooikloof a few hundred metres before Woodlands shopping centre. As we approached these two guys the one guy tried to pull something out his pocket and it looked like they were going to attack us, we sped up and the next thing we heard three shots fire at us. We didn't look back and just carried on cycling.

What is happening in this country of ours, i saw a picture this week of a cop stealing sunglasses from a vendor while there was strikers causing havoc in the street. I miss the time where we were served by goverment officials rather than neglected and let down by many of them