Calling all 29er experts...

T-Bob

x = unknown quantity

spurt = drip under pressure :ph34r:

Reminds me of a leak-detection company's branding on Malibongwe. "Ex-spurts in leak detection".

"Carpets Boyfriend likes this" :clap: :clap: :clap:

Then - a niner is not for you. Or, at least, not the majority of niners. Very few will have that chuckability you're looking for.

If I were you I'd look for a sixer of around 140-150mm travel. Maybe a Trance with a 140mm fork on the front - those bikes (in that combo) are a MEAN machine. Then again, a niner trance may just be the bike for you if you're dead set on going niner.

Just don't go niner for the sake of it. When you hit the drops and jumps, a wheel is a wheel and 140mm is 140mm.

For sure, but I want to really see what the 9er attraction is. I've got a Scott Scale and an Orange 5 in my 6er camp already and love those to bits for pure fun blasting.

My thinking behind those Vitus rides is that they are a good price and probably won't lose that much on one if I'm not into it. Truth is I have a client in the UK that is delaying paying for work in cash but is willing to make a 'purchase' for me if he can use a CC and write it off. Might even be able to wrangle some 'bike-to-work' discount as well.

Okay - if you have the orange 5, then the bigger travel one will fit that mould quite well - you can decide which you like better over time, and then banzai the parts around a bit...

Or - have an eeni meanie type affair thing.

IMHO the 100mm machine would be just that too much of a compromise and would cross over into the Scale territory more than the 120/140mm machine would stray into the Orange's territory...

Okay - if you have the orange 5, then the bigger travel one will fit that mould quite well - you can decide which you like better over time, and then banzai the parts around a bit...

Or - have an eeni meanie type affair thing.

IMHO the 100mm machine would be just that too much of a compromise and would cross over into the Scale territory more than the 120/140mm machine would stray into the Orange's territory...

Great answer. Thanks for that input buddy.