Chris King Hubs

evolve

Thats funny - so its really just about the bling, or do they actually perform better when they aren't being maintained? And again, how often do they need a service?

As I stated, mine have been abused and after 8 years are still on the original bearings. 4 or 5 services on the front wheel, 6 on the back.

As a matter of interest, my CK headset is now 11 years old. It's never been serviced.

Thats funny - so its really just about the bling, or do they actually perform better when they aren't being maintained? And again, how often do they need a service?

Not about the bling necessarily - but high performance, and endurance without maintenance aren't the same thing. Think of an F1 car - super expensive, super high performance, but probably needs a total rebuild after each race. In general, high performance high spec parts are made from lightweight materials. That'll tend to mean more servicing and tuning not less.