[Event] Great Brak Grabadoo

Esté Coetzee

Event Name: Great Brak Grabadoo
When: 31 December 2013
Where: Grootbrak, Western Cape
Category: Multisport

MOUNTAIN BIKING STRAIGHT INTO 2014

The 11th annual Great Brak Grabadoo is taking place on Tuesday 31 December 2013. Due to the overwhelming positive response about the routes that were changed in 2012, organizers are not going to change a single route in 2013 to assure more participants enjoy this experience. With breathtaking routes snaking through some of the most beautiful flora in the Kingdom of the Southern Cape, the Great Brak Grabadoo (generally referred to as Grabadoo) offers something for everyone, whether you are a novice or a veteran mountain biker at heart.

This exciting and picturesque route attracts fanatics, families, holiday makers, locals…riders from all walks of life. Victor Matfield, legendary Springbok lock, participated amongst 1 200 other participants in the 2012 race for the first time and he found the route exhilarating. The jovial atmosphere, sportsmanship amongst riders and festive spirit makes this an event not to miss!

Runners, walkers, families and even pets can participate in the most beautiful walk in the Southern Cape around the Great Brak River in a 4.8km route. Mountain bikers can choose from 4 exciting routes including some wonderful new twists and turns to the existing routes – 15km, 31km, 42km, 66km..

Entry fees for the specific routes are as follows – 15km @ R60; 31km @ R80; 42km @ R90; 66km @ R100. Walkers enter @ R35. and the fee for a temporary license for mountain bike distances 31km 42km &66km is a mere R35. . Pre-race entries can be done on Monday 30 December at the Peperboom Restaurant in Great Brak River, or at www.onlines.co.za .

The 2013 festive season is upon us. Holidaymakers will be here in hordes and before we know it, the jingle bells of Christmas would have come and gone. Before 2014 runs away with you, run, walk and ride out the old year into a bright, happy and fit New Year.

For more information, please contact Mimi Finestone from Interface by Goji on 084 583 3144 or at mimi@gojipr.net, or Alewijn Dippenaar at 082 457 5675 or visit the Grabadoo Facebook page.

Go to Event Page