How do I phone with my GT-P7500 tablet

Pieterg

USSD codes and voice over GSM are very different protocols. And you could have used USSD codes without rooting the device.

Fully aware of that...

I wasn't saying that it can make calls or that whoever is saying it can't is talking BS. I got mine two years ago and the Honeycomb rom it was running could not even handle USSD codes due to the modem/drivers that came with the device

I therefore had to root and install a different modem which allowed this.

So yes if you wanna phone someone from it ... you will not be able to, saving yourself looking like a complete idiot for holding that up to your head ;)

I got a crappy S4 that packed up after a month, battery blow up and the S4 was freezing the whole time. It’s in for repairs so I’ll be without a phone for the next 3-6 weeks according to Cell C.It would be nice if I could phone but at least I can Wattsapp

Fully aware of that...

I wasn't saying that it can make calls or that whoever is saying it can't is talking BS. I got mine two years ago and the Honeycomb rom it was running could not even handle USSD codes due to the modem/drivers that came with the device

I therefore had to root and install a different modem which allowed this.

So yes if you wanna phone someone from it ... you will not be able to, saving yourself looking like a complete idiot for holding that up to your head ;)

Holding it against your head is better that sending snail mail.

I got a crappy S4 that packed up after a month, battery blow up and the S4 was freezing the whole time. It’s in for repairs so I’ll be without a phone for the next 3-6 weeks according to Cell C.It would be nice if I could phone but at least I can Wattsapp

Same happened to mine. Dropped it off at MTN but they indicated 5 days turn around.