Training program/coach

maffias

Hi guys,

I'm planning on getting onto a training program cos at the moment i'm training all over the place and have no objective nor schedule to my training. I get on my MTB bike and ride and have no clear program.

Have you guys got any advice ? I saw an insert on Supercycling a few weeks ago about a company "exercise solutions" that will help me with a training program, calculate my limits and provide me with a training program/coaching that will fit within my lifestyle and give me an ultimate goal I need to train toward.

Look into http://www.cadencecycling.co.za - They are in Fourways (above old cycle lab store). My wife and I have been doing it for a year now and absolutely love it (well, not during most of the sessions :eek: ). We have seen amazing results.

I have increased my power output by 40% from starting. Threshold power was 235 watts and I am now at 322 watts. More importantly I started at a power to weight ratio of 2.7 watts/kg and I am now at just over 4 watts/kg. To put this into persecutive, I have taken about 48mins off my 100km bike times (road).

There is also another company starting up using Watt Bikes (What the british olympic cyclists train on). They will be operating from the Dimension Data campus from next month I think. Cadence is around R600 p/m and Wattlab will be around R900 p/m.

Hope this helps!

Are you looking for a personal trainer of a training program?

I have used Daisyway Coaching for a few years and they work out programs for you to fit in with your lifestyle.

http://www.daisyway.co.za/ You can contact either Louise or Erica Green They coach some of the ABSA riders for the Epic

Then there is also online training like FitTrack. http://www.fittrack.co.za/

Look into http://www.cadencecycling.co.za - They are in Fourways (above old cycle lab store). My wife and I have been doing it for a year now and absolutely love it (well, not during most of the sessions :eek: ). We have seen amazing results.

I have increased my power output by 40% from starting. Threshold power was 235 watts and I am now at 322 watts. More importantly I started at a power to weight ratio of 2.7 watts/kg and I am now at just over 4 watts/kg. To put this into persecutive, I have taken about 48mins off my 100km bike times (road).

There is also another company starting up using Watt Bikes (What the british olympic cyclists train on). They will be operating from the Dimension Data campus from next month I think. Cadence is around R600 p/m and Wattlab will be around R900 p/m.

Hope this helps!

That's excellent increase in FTP.

Get hold of John Wakefield or Mike Posthumus at Science to Sport. The #1 training company in SA. They incredible at what they do. If you want I will PM you their details.

Get hold of John Wakefield or Mike Posthumus at Science to Sport. The #1 training company in SA. They incredible at what they do. If you want I will PM you their details.

+1

Thanks for all the info gus, @ Sworks20 can you pls send me the details and where are these guys situated ?

Hope this helps!

Injterested in their program but not all that keen to travel to fourways and then back to sandton in the week. If one has a power meter can they give you some program where you just "checkin" from time to time?

Thanks for all the info gus, @ Sworks20 can you pls send me the details and where are these guys situated ?

www.sciencetosport.com

Based in Cape Town, but have athletes countrywide (and outside SA).

I work in Parkmore (sandton) and travel there and back (live in Hyde Park). I do the 5pm class. Come in early on my cadence days and duck out at 4pm. Takes me 20mins through river club/bryanston