Port Alfred/Kenton-On-Sea/Boknes area MTB rides

Pointer

I will be going to Boknes from 13 - 28 Dec and would like to know if there is anybody that will be in the area that is keen on some riding.

Will be my first time there and I don't know the area.

Thanks

I'll be in Bushmans from the 20th - 5th Jan, I usually get on my bike around 5:00am and go in the Kenton direction for anything from 40km - 70km.

Search for "Kenton" and you'll find the routes I do.

I'll be in Kasouga from around the 19th and will be riding most days for probably a week or so. Charles Keey will also be in Kenton if anyone is feeling up to 4-5 hour rides at a decent clip, I know he's going to be looking for anybody who is willing and able to join him.

I'll be in Kasouga from around the 19th and will be riding most days for probably a week or so. Charles Keey will also be in Kenton if anyone is feeling up to 4-5 hour rides at a decent clip, I know he's going to be looking for anybody who is willing and able to join him.

with the key word being "able".......

with the key word being "able".......

Great way to mitigate the christmas calorie intake, and once you recover you'll be ready to hand out some hidings for the 2014 season :)

Fantastic to see so many eager people out that way for holidays.

I will be down in Kleinemonde from the 14th till the 22nd, and will be training everyday.

Happy to travel to central area, looks like Kenton, to enure we get in the decent stuff....

Who is Charles Keey....... Just kidding. The youngster will put us all in the hurtbox I am sure.

I am going to be in Canon Rocks from 27 December to 2 January. We usually meet at the Canon Rocks 4 way stop every morning at 06:00, and we ride 50-80km. Mostly gravel roads though. But it is great training for Attakwas or other marathons. The Boknes/Canon Rocks mountain bikers are awesome people.

We usually go for two weeks, but things at work are a bit busy this year, so only five days this time around.

I will be at Cannon Rocks/Boknes from the 14th. my number is 0823374309.

Let me know when/where the rides will be and I will join.

Think I might as well leave my bike at home..

Looks like it's going to be wet all of next week....

What does the local weather guru's think?

In Port Alfred from 17 Dec to 5 Jan and doing Epic base training. Will need to ride most mornings for 2 to 3 hours if anyone is keen to join.

I'll be down in PA from 22 Dec till 4 Jan. Looking at clocking some base miles in the early morning. Most likely ride out on the Southwell road (first right after Rosehill Mall) and round the back to Bathurst.

After exchanging a few mails with other riders in this thread it became apparent that there is a need to arrange a centralised spot to leave from at a fixed time everyday for the Port Alfred based riders.

The Caltex Garage at the top of the hill on the way out towards Kenton was chosen as the meeting spot and leaving from there at 6:00 AM everyday. The route to be riden will be decided on by the group on the day.

It seems there will be a fairly wide range of riders and as usual the different levels of riders will automatically bunch together as the ride progresses. So everyone is welcome to join...

I will be riding from the 18th December. Hope to see you all there.

Cheers

Warren