Upgrade frame or new bike

Gumpie

So my company decided to be really nice to me for xmas with a nice bonus.

So the obvious route to be is to blow it all on a bike / upgrade,

I am current riding a cannodale 29er hard tail lefty (the 2012 model). Its a great bike but is starting to show its age.

I am wanting to go duel.

So i have seen the new specialized epic and i am in love. Cant stop thinking about that bike.

It would be an amazing new bike. But the carbon is a little out my price range and would mean i have to go aluminum.

But then i have also been thinking about maybe building a custom bike with a santa cruz tall boy carbon frame and using all the components from my cannodale. This would mean i would have a carbon frame with kinda good components.

So, I leave the fate of my decision to you hubbers.

So my company decided to be really nice to me for xmas with a nice bonus.

So the obvious route to be is to blow it all on a bike / upgrade,

I am current riding a cannodale 29er hard tail lefty (the 2012 model). Its a great bike but is starting to show its age.

I am wanting to go duel.

So i have seen the new specialized epic and i am in love. Cant stop thinking about that bike.

It would be an amazing new bike. But the carbon is a little out my price range and would mean i have to go aluminum.

But then i have also been thinking about maybe building a custom bike with a santa cruz tall boy carbon frame and using all the components from my cannodale. This would mean i would have a carbon frame with kinda good components.

So, I leave the fate of my decision to you hubbers.

You answered your own question right there, you know this is exactly what you want to do, and would make you the happiest. How is a 2 year old bike showing its age? It's a Cannondale after all. My 2009 Trance must be ancient then and put to pasture :blink:

I have done the exercise last year. It can become costly. on last years built the frame could only take a BB30. So I had to by a new crank and also a fork with a longer steerer tube. That cost me a further 8 k.

Thought I would learn from my past mistakes. Cuurently busy building a momsen vipa. Same bb issue. Now the frame only takes a pressfit. Have to by a new crank.

I like to build and rebuild. You can spec and upgrade anyway you like. Just do your homework first