Gauteng 2014 xco series

singletrek

Every year this time, you can go onto CSA's calendar and you will find KZN and some of the other provinces' events (specifically xco) on there.

With all the changes happening within the Gauteng region it is hard to know where to look for the calendar for next year, which one presumes have been published long ago already, as I assume would be the normal thing to do as the current year draws to a close.

But Gauteng never seems to get this sorted. Politics often gets into the way of those who try to make things happen and you always hear the same names trying to benefit themselves - and this comes to the cost of developing our riders, especially the youngsters.

It would be so helpful to get the calendar sorted out long in advance for all the obvious reasons.

Or am I missing something, am I looking in the wrong place?

I agree. They are fairly slow to get their timetable out. Especially as the first provincial is middle January.

This may help. see attached.

SA XCO Champs are in Gauteng this year. I hear they want to prepare a track at the Voortrekker Monument. 5km with 300m climbing per lap.

post-35732-0-65651500-1386839467_thumb.jpg

I agree. They are fairly slow to get their timetable out. Especially as the first provincial is middle January.

This may help. see attached.

SA XCO Champs are in Gauteng this year. I hear they want to prepare a track at the Voortrekker Monument. 5km with 300m climbing per lap.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if there is a contact person for this?

300Vam per 5km, that a bit hectic for me, maybe one day when i'm all grown up (my 31 years of age is still to young) :whistling:

Look on the bright side. You can train for uphills, technical downhills and great for interval training.

Thaba Trails is great for that and Monument is going to be Epic.

I wish many more A batch and B batch riders would do so, so we don' t have to walk the easy obstacles because riders get stuck on them at the marathon races and cause bottle necks.

• 4 months later...

Hey all,

seated all the usual sires for the xco series,

cycleevents, csa, etc and may / june seems very quiet for xco.

Whats on that i am missing?