Standover height question

Uni

Had a look at giants geometry and standover height on their site. I'm confused. A XS bike they have listed as 74.1 inches (I have to assume they mean cm) but how's that possible? My inside leg height is 68-70 max :( and I'm not that short 1.63m

I know best thing is to go try out bikes but as a starting point ...

post-44041-0-75997400-1386871946_thumb.jpg

post-44041-0-54237700-1386872219_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uni

Tx for that. I see conflicting opinions about the importance of a space between the top bar and your bits, but I guess it comes down to general confidence.

Uni - when you test the standover height of a bike - put the front wheel on 2 bricks to emulate being on a hill - if you don't have clearance then, consider a smaller frame - because a steep restart is pretty tricky if you can't stand over the bike.

Uni - when you test the standover height of a bike - put the front wheel on 2 bricks to emulate being on a hill - if you don't have clearance then, consider a smaller frame - because a steep restart is pretty tricky if you can't stand over the bike.

YES!!!! YOU GET ME! YOU REALLY GET ME!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Riding the Med Silverback mens frame is awesome, Until i get to a hill and stall (which I tend to do a lot of), and then need to put my feet down quickly, and it hurts in a way it shouldn't.

YES!!!! YOU GET ME! YOU REALLY GET ME!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Riding the Med Silverback mens frame is awesome, Until i get to a hill and stall (which I tend to do a lot of), and then need to put my feet down quickly, and it hurts in a way it shouldn't.

:) - Despite being marginally taller than you, I struggle on a steep restart (luckily this is not such a regular occurrence that I worry about it much, but what should be an easy restart if you can stand over the frame turns into a problem if you are in a hurry - and possibly a lengthy push to find a place you can actually start.

And this is much more a problem with 29" bikes in the small sizes - they are still TALL...