Kzn provincial enduro #2 Giba Gorge

Nofearnofun

It just sounds like you guys in KZN are getting way more scope to enduro events than us down here in CT.. :( :(

:(

So very sad...

Edited by TAAHIRWP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just sounds like you guys in KZN are getting way more scope to enduro events than us down here in CT.. :( :(

:(

So very sad...

Kzn is just lucky to have guys putting in the hard work to make it happen. If Capetown doesn't have guys like that there is nothing stopping you from becoming that guy. :thumb up:

If Capetown doesn't have guys like that there is nothing stopping you from becoming that guy. :thumb up:

:ph34r: ...i wouldn't know the first thing about what to do... lol. But yes, i do understand what your saying and where your coming from.

:ph34r: ...i wouldn't know the first thing about what to do... lol. But yes, i do understand what your saying and where your coming from.

ALOT of hard work goes into it! If anyone reading this thread is keen on trying to arrange enduro events I would say you should get in touch with Mark Sydney and Nigel Hicks, I am sure they have a wealth of knowledge and would be very keen to share.

Even though I said what I did in my last message, I live in jhb and rather drive to Kzn for the events rather than organise one :whistling:

both the DH and Enduro will be on trails that are rideable on an AM bike - as Super Mill says the DH has no big hits in it ... 2 drop offs (that will be designed so you can roll them of you want - but at speed you float off them) ... and one double (with a B-line around it) ... the main thing with this track is its gradient ... Its STEEP! you are on the brakes from start to finish.

The Enduro will use 3 stages - an edited version of Stage 1 (Gravity Dice) from the Giba Enduro, A shortened version of Stage 2, and then a brand new Stage 3. Stage 3 has 2 short climbs but other than that there is no climbing in the stages ...

Stage 1 is FAST with an open natural section down a hill then onto a groomed trail with taletops, and then down a super fast section to the finish.

Stage 2 is Technical with tight switches everywhere and a technical root and rock fest section that will test the riders skill to get through fast ...

Stage 3 is all new - starting in an old platform area it drops off a couple of banks onto a FAST road with a flat out righthander at the bottom - will be interesting to see who can get this right at speed without washing out (DONT washout as you will slide on granite gravel that will eat you for breakfast - Giba Tattoos will be in effect if you come off here) ... then a left turn takes you onto Top Gear which has a number of tight switchbacks dropping you off the hill - they come up on you fast so be aware ... then a rolling final section through some rocks and up a short climb littered with roots takes you into the final downhill to the finish ... Its a rad stage

Drop off line at the top of stage two?

I hope we are all0owe to ride the service road up to gravity :whistling:

no we are having issues with the stupid horse lady ... so you will rode along the waterfall trail to where the combined finish area was on the Giba Enduro event, then left over the bridge and left again up what was the one stage in out Enduro ... that takes you up to Gravity.

no we are having issues with the stupid horse lady ... so you will rode along the waterfall trail to where the combined finish area was on the Giba Enduro event, then left over the bridge and left again up what was the one stage in out Enduro ... that takes you up to Gravity.

What a mission... I can see myself doing some pushing with only a single ring up front!

no nicko you will be fine - that trails easy to ride up with a single ring ... i prefer riding that trail up rather than going up the service road ... the service road SUCKS ass

Stage 1 is FAST with an open natural section down a hill then onto a groomed trail with taletops, and then down a super fast section to the finish.

Ah fern hill ... lol there was grumpiness intially when this trail was built and now it's being used for the enduro ... and so it should be - it's awesome !

Ah fern hill ... lol there was grumpiness intially when this trail was built and now it's being used for the enduro ... and so it should be - it's awesome !

People dont like change - and as the track goes almost straight down the hill there were questions as to if it would promote erosion ... We will use the 2 top portions of fern hill and then link onto the Bizhub before the last piece through the ferns ... this will add some time to the stage and also use the fast peice of Gravity in the trees before the table into right berm ... which is always cool