The Classics

T-Bob

It's a long flat stretch of road so the chase can see the riders up ahead. That will help them.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More signs of a cross wind so there's a chance that the chase group might split once more.

37km to go and the gap is at 54 seconds. The chase have taken 10 seconds in around 10km.

Everyone in the lead group is working, both Boonen and Belkin fast man Hofland.

There's a slight headwind at the moment so that's going to be factor even though both groups are going to face the same conditions.

The work rate at the front is exceptional though, while in the chase there are couple of riders skipping turns. Eisel is on the front, he grits his teeth and then moves over to allow a Lotto rider to set the pace.

The Topsport car, or rather the driver in it, hands some food for Vanmarcke, who used to ride for them of course. There's a two-circuit loop now before the finish as Paolini takes yet another turn.

There are a few rocking shoulders in the chase group, Knees can't have much left in the tank by the manner in which is swung off after his last turn.

Paolini has gone too fast and he's split the chase. Knees starts shouting and now the chase needs to organise itself again. That's going to cost a few seconds.

There are 26km to and Katusha and Lotto are doing most of the chasing now. Sky have moved back a bit for the time being.

Hofland takes down a gel as Vandenbergh takes one huge pull on the front of the group. The gap is still at 1'01.