The Classics

T-Bob

The leaders are approaching that all important intermediate sprint. These six men have little chance of taking victory today, but the 5,000 euro on offer at the 100km mark will surely make today a success for whomever takes it. They've got just under 7km to that point.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We now have a number of teams on the front of the peloton, all trying to do their bit for the leaders. BMC, Lotto-Belisol, Omega Pharma-QuickStep and Movistar are all doing their bit.

Matej Mohoric (Cannondale) is making his debut at Liege-Bastogne-Liege today. At 19, the Slovenian is not just the youngest rider in the peloton today, but the youngest in the WorldTour.

Michel Koch of Cannondale will take home the 5,000 euro prize money after winning the sprint. Their gap is now down to 15:30 as the peloton resume their chase.

We're nearing the completiong of the third hour of racing and the peloton have sprung back into live. The advantage is being cut down and now stands at 15:05, with 15km until the second climb of the day.

Plenty of teams up front working for their leaders. There are a number of contenders for victory today.

Hard to call the winner

The second climb of the day is the Côte de Saint-Roch it's a short 1km climb, but with an average of 11.1% it's a pretty punchy one. It shouldn't trouble any of our favourites. We then have a little lull as the peloton descend towards Neuville before the real action begins today.

The gap to the escapees continues to fall like a cheap deck of cards. It's still a huge 14:29 but that's going to disappear pretty quickly once we hit the climbs in the second half of the race.

Some music to the riders' ears is that they are now in a tailwind. This seems to have increased the speed of the peloton who are now only 14:08 behind the six leaders.

The peloton are through the feed zone. After 121km we are now quite halfway through the race. The leaders are just approaching the second climb of the day.

The peloton are through the feed zone. After 121km now quite halfway through the race. The leaders are just approaching the second climb of the day.

NetApp-Endura rider Erik Rowsell has decided to call it quits today. He's climbed off his bike in the feedzone.

Jakobs is the first to the top of the second climb. The six escapees now have an advantage of 13:25 on the chasing peloton.