The Classics

T-Bob

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ow!

Sébastien Minard was the AG2R-La Mondiale rider who went tumbling down the side of the road. He's lost quite a bit of skin, but nothing has been broken.

Lampre-Merida say that Costa fell on his shoulder and also hurt his leg, but he has no serious injuries as a result of that crash.

65km remaining today and the gap to the escapees has levelled out at 4:40. The peloton seems to have slowed down a touch.

The leaders are climbing the Côte de la Vecquée. Michel Kock, who won the 5,000 euro sport earlier, is hanging on the back of the group. The peloton is still gaining ground on them and the gap now stands at 3:31.

Tinkoff-Saxo are now managing things on the front, as the advantage falls to 3:04. Their leader is Romain Kreuziger. He failed to defend his Amstel Gold title last Sunday, but he's still a strong contender today. Will he try a long-range attack here?

BMC are one of the main contenders today with Philippe Gilbert. Gilbert has a long-standing relationship with the race, as he was born just down the road.

Time is ticking away for the escapees, who now only hold a 2:40 advantage on the peloton. The main bunch are on the Col de la Vecquée at the moment.

44km remaining from 263km

Matteo Bono (Lampre-Merida) is the one remaining escapee out front as the others have gone off the back. He's cheered on by the huge crowds on the climb.

My boy Arredondo looking good so far

He's showing his strength

MTNq also being well represented at the head of the race

Barguil's attack has lit things up and some riders are now chasing him down. Julian Arredondo (Trek) has caught up with him as has one of the Omega Pharma-QuickStep riders.