The Classics

T-Bob

The riders in the chase are Nocentini, Dumoulin, Anacona, Bongiorno, Pardilla, Tschopp, Hoogerland, Pellizotti, Kangert, Dupont, Hermans and Rabottini

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And there are attacks from the chase group. It looks like Valverde has this race in his hands.

Rabottini has attacked from the chase but he's got 36 seconds to make up. Not going to happen.

We're into the final 10km of racing and Valverde continues to lead Pozzovivo. Has the Spaniard done too much? Can Pozzovivo take him on in the sprint?

Rabottini is still out there on his own but he can't make any impression on the leaders.

7 kms to go

Valverde, out of the saddle again, keeps the pace high.

GREAT CHASE

Pozzovivo is struggling to hold Valverde's wheel yet again but he manages to drag himself back but the peloton are closing and they're are 47 seconds with 4.7km to go. This could be close. We had no time checks on the bunch but all of sudden they're in with a chance.

4.2km to go and the gap is at 50 seconds with Valverde now holding off both the break and Team Sky.

Just over 3km to go and the peloton are at 37 seconds. This could all come back together.

Oi!

The two leaders are messing around and talking, they're hesitating and the bunch are now at 27 seconds.