The Classics

T-Bob

Sagan is being ushered closer to the front by his Cannondale teammates. That's the first time we've really seen him today

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Peter Sagan pulls over for what looks like a planned bike change. He's now moving up back through the peloton. There has been a split though up ahead.

The bunch are on the long Kerkgate section of cobbles, it's over 2km in length. Lars Boom is at the back of the bunch and riding in the gutter. If you've just tuned in it looks like Roelandts, third last year, has crashed out of the race.

BMC have moved Van Avermaet up towards the front as Van Emden has a wheel change too.

A swift left-hander for the field with the Molenberg coming up. It's Trek who push their way to the front, Cancellara's teammates taking over from Omega for the first real time in the race.

But it's an Omega rider who leads onto the climb. It's Boonen who is on the front and he has a little gap.

A climb where he does attack a lot and then he eases off and looks back to see who has followed.

A couple of riders have made it to him and Maarten Tjallingii has used it as a chance to attack. The cross-winds have picked up but the move has been brought back but Tjallingii has gone again.

The peloton are back together as up ahead the break hold onto a lead of 3'35 with 113km to go.

David Millar has brought Langeveld back to the rear of the bunch as the leaders hit the Paddestraat