Jeep Adventure - Heia Safari

Tromp

My son and I went to Heia Safari yesterday, just to find out from Management that cycling was not allowed for the day as the place was reserved for the Jepp Warrior Event ( ?). After some " chit chat " with said Management , we were allowed on same parts of the property and we did not have to pay any fees.

My real rant is about the Sterk Manne ( the Warriors ) that had no respect for the environment. As I got out of the car , I stepped into the sh*t packed in a disposable nappy.

The Warrior parked next to me chucked a banana peel in no particular direction , as I tried to dislodge the cr*p from my shoe. A good stare from my was met with a " wat the F*k kyk jy " look . The guy was twice my size and I left it at that.

On our return, we found the whole parking area littered with booze ( ? ) bottles and other junk.

Not a good advert. for a Jeep sponsered event.

Disposable Nappies, they should ban the things, I get so tired of seeing them discarded at the side of the road.

I was there as a participant, the warrior event was awesome and loads of fun. Only a small part of the sterk manne is to blame as per most cases like this. Littering at an event is an unfortunate problem that any organiser of any event is faced with in SA. It is easier at some events, but 7000 participants will leave their mark. I try to pick up the litter in full view of the litterbug, at some level of his concience he will feel k@k eventhough he will try to hide it. If we do not litter, we will be the example to our kids and the result will hopefully be that it stays a small part of participants that litter ect ect.