Morningside cycles

Eugee

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're not in Umhlanga anymore, though(Chainworx). They're in Glenashley now, Aubrey drive, at the Glenore Centre.

Amazing how we all have different experiences with the same place/shop. I wouldn't take my bikes anywhere else other than Morningside, admittedly they are slow to answer phones but the service i have received and the extra mile the guys go for you makes it all worth while, and it's very much a know you by name type shop, which appeals to me... so i wouldn't write them off, but that's just my 2c.

Maybe on their general service part they are good and if you can walk into the shop but when it comes to their Yeti service as a agent and you have to try get hold of them over phone or email its totally swak!

Maybe they are a good LBS and just not into the whole Yeti agent thing anymore.. I don't know but as a Yeti owner I don't feel like they support their brand.

The part has finally been posted, after an email where I asked "what are you going to do about" the matter. Here's hoping it doesn't get held up too long.

Sometimes a cool mail works better than losing it over the phone.

The part has finally been posted, after an email where I asked "what are you going to do about" the matter. Here's hoping it doesn't get held up too long.

Sometimes a cool mail works better than losing it over the phone.

Really hope you get your part quickly! So you can enjoi your Yeti again!

Maybe on their general service part they are good and if you can walk into the shop but when it comes to their Yeti service as a agent and you have to try get hold of them over phone or email its totally swak!

Maybe they are a good LBS and just not into the whole Yeti agent thing anymore.. I don't know but as a Yeti owner I don't feel like they support their brand.

Yes you're not wrong at all, maybe pull Colin aside and say exactly that. With the new ASRC frame arriving this week I think the "tribe" is about to get a whole lot bigger, so they better get their act together especially for guys across the country. If their comms were as good as their in shop service....everyone wins!!!

• 4 months later...

Wahooo!!!  Hopefully the best bikes in the world will again get the back up they deserve... 575 here I come!

my understanding is that Colin who sold Morningside cycles just wants to focus on the Yeti brand ... hence the sale and opening of a concept store

my understanding is that Colin who sold Morningside cycles just wants to focus on the Yeti brand ... hence the sale and opening of a concept store

This would be really good!! As their focus on Yeti wasn't that good anymore... I hope they get the focus back on the brand and the SA tribe.

Not in my experience with them. Won't go back.

For misc items and parts I go to Solomons in Woodmead. For services/repairs I now take my Yeti all the way to Torqzone in Centurion.

amazing how opinions differ, I would not go to Torqzone if my life depended on it!

Wahooo!!!  Hopefully the best bikes in the world will again get the back up they deserve... 575 here I come!

Dont know if the still do 575's anymore.

But my dream bike is a 6C at the moment.

Archived