SILVERBACK GUARANTEE???

YatesK

Agree!

there is not one MTB manufacturer whos warrantee extends beyond the rame...Or am i to be corrceted?

seems the general concensus here also agree!

As others have said, the CPA covers you, but with the shop and not the manufacturer. I had the free hub body on my Mongoose collapse just before the bike was a month old . You could see that the component was corroded. My LBS sorted it out with the agent without an issue. Think one has to be reasonable on both sides of the argument and a proper investigation on what went wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LAST WORD.

SILVERBACK have kindly agreed to refund the money for the derailleur.

Evently (as someone pointed out), the bikes are assembled by the dealers and therefore a chain failing (maybe due to incorrect fitting) is the responsibility of the dealer.

In this case, SILVERBACK are taking it upon them selves to make things right.

Thank you SILVERBACK, very much appreciated.

Thanks for all the reply's - the new consumer protection act does not agree - the bike is virtually new with about 100k's on it (was washed and lubricated after each ride) has not even had it's first service - it may not be Silverbacks fault but it was a component supplied by them that broke, they must take responsibility - they can claim back from the chain supplier.

A chain braking within 100ks cannot be blamed on "wear and tear" - the chain broke because it was faulty - no other reason. When a chain brakes while riding, you only know when it is too late to stop.

For the record, I have been riding (road and off road) for 30 plus years - have completed 19 Argus's, doing sub three hours 25 years ago - not bragging just saying that I know my way around a bike - when a component fails due a quality problem, I can tell.

Anyway, thanks again for the thoughts - I am still happy with the bike and I sure my daughter will have plenty of fun on the bike.

The problem should be taken up with the bike shop you bought it from. I am a bike shop owner and can tell you the chain was not fitted properly. This has nothing to do with Silverback, the bike shop are the one's assembling the bike. My client would come back to me and I would have fixed the bike for free.

Surprized that you would bash a brand like this when you've been around bikes and bike shops for so long.