Tirreno-Adriatico 12-18 March 2014

Cav'

It was indeed Pichot and Fortin who were dropped on the last climb, leaving four riders clear of the field.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all Movistar on the front of the peloton, with the lead at 2'16. The remaining leader: Mondory, Lutsenko, Brandle and Belkov.

Nairo Quintana is currently 12th overall, 38 seconds off the lead. He certainly has the capabilities to shake up the GC today.

And Cadel Evans has been dropped already today. That's a major shock at this stage in the action but he's off the back.

Vansummeren is back with the team cars and picking up bottles as up ahead the four leaders see their gap drop to 1'28. At this rate they'll be caught well before the final climb of the day.

Belkov has slipped off the back of the break so we now have just three riders in the lead.

Sagan is quite near the front as well at the moment but Movistar have their entire team on the front.

Anton is there as well, Dowsett too and Malori. They've really got a strong team with a huge level of depth. Can Quintana pay them back with a winning performance?

The break are trying to respond with an injection of pace but all they can do is limit their loses for now. The gap is at 1'30 with 38km to go.

Belkov is about to be caught by the bunch but there's no word as to whether Evans has made it back to the peloton.

Word has it that Evans has made contact with the bunch but there's no visual confirmation as of yet.

The three leaders are climbing at the moment, their gap to the bunch steady at 1'23.

And there's a problem for Contador who has changed bikes. That's going to be a tough effort to make it back but he has a teammate waiting for him.

The former Tour winner, Contador, should make it back but that's not ideal at this stage.

He's quickly at the back of the bunch but now his team will need to ride him towards the front of the peloton.

The four leaders now have 1'17 over the peloton as we approach the final climb.