Magaliesburg - Bike hijacking- railway service road 7/3/2014

Mojoman

I have just been informed that a staff member at a local business was held up and assaulted by 6 males armed with sticks and robbed of his bike last Friday while travelling back home. The bike was a normal Raleigh and not worth anything to anyone other than its upset owner. I suppose the thieving swine got R20 for it.

Please be aware of the area down near the train station and beyond.

The incident was on the railway line service route that heads west out towards Koesterfontein. The area is close to the local RDP housing at Ga-Mogale as well as a squatter camp on the Rietpoort Road (I have also seen small kids in this section sniffing glue out of plastic bags, pretty sad), once you head out on the service road there are 3 houses along the road and then its pretty isolated for the next 5kms to the Koesterfontein road.

It has been reported to the SAPS. This occured last Friday (7 March 2014).

Personally I think (hope!) its an isolated incident as I ride this route almost everyday but there is no harm in being a bit more awake in this area.

Edited by Mojoman