Bike Carrier Adaptors for Through Axles

Johan A Marais

Anyone have an idea if there is an adaptor on the market to change a normal Quick Release fitting on a Bike Carrier to accommodate the new Through Axle bikes?

Edited by The Commuter

thule also makes. otherwise crc has a huge selection

The Thule (and the Fork-Up from CRC) are all made by Hurricane.

Thule just paints them grey, puts a ghetto sticker on, and charges nearly double.

I ordered my Fork-Up ones from CRC at about R400 each. (I originally bought 3x 20mm.I think the 15mm I bought was a little more because it has an insert)

I am not sure if Holdfast has it? I tried to find one in SA, but no available.. I know in CRC cost +-R450 and it is alot of bucks...

Thanks - what do they call them - I Google'd Thule, but could not find anything on their website? Eish, and I need 5 for the carrier on my trailer...

I contacted Thule SA and their price for the 15mm Fork Up was nearly R800. Bought mine from CRC, landed about R500 with VAT, delivery, etc.

I contacted Thule SA and their price for the 15mm Fork Up was nearly R800. Bought mine from CRC, landed about R500 with VAT, delivery, etc.

Yup, like I said, the Thule ones are way more pricey for the same thing just in grey.

If you look on the inside of on of the 'legs' of the Thule adapter you will see it has the Hurricane name and patent on there. So again, Fork-Up, Huricane, Thule... essentially all the same thing!

Check them out here

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/s?q=fork+up