Training Wheels

American Flyers

I would like to buy a good economical training wheels that is strong and affordable to repair. What do you think of Mavic Aksium or Shimano WHR500 or Alex 320? They are all have similar weight and price.  Which one is best buy?  

Campag Khamsin. You can spec it with a Sh!tmano freehub. That or a set or Fulcrum 7's, also available with Shimano freehub. They will look better and be stronget than your choices, I am certain they are cheeper too.

Dunno, no-one ever has to replace Fulcrum bearings, and the spokes are off the shelf at most bike shops... But that said, I don't know of anyone breaking spokes with Fulcrums...

bob_the_builder2008-02-29 07:45:36

Dont get the Shimano 500's.

You will battle like you have no idea to get tyres on them!

Sometimes takes me about 30-45min to get the one side of the tyre off, my friend has the same problem with them. Think the lip of the rim is oversized or something. Dont buy them!

Agree, dont go Shimano... They break far too easily

I got a set of the Aksiums as training wheels and they are really tough, roll pretty well but are a little on the heavy side - which isn't the worst thing in the world for a triaining wheel.

Good value for money in my opinion

My girlfriend got Alex wheels on her bike, and they are quite ***...

I reckon the Mavic or the Fulcrum are the way to go, if I'm not mistaken, I think they got proper bearings (cylindrical) and all the other have cone & grease rubbish.

http://www.faster-minis.com/images/59-6101_lg.jpg

Is this the ceramic version with Ti bolt kit? Awesome stuff!

I would like to buy a good economical training wheels that is strong and affordable to repair. What do you think of Mavic Aksium or Shimano WHR500 or Alex 320? They are all have similar weight and price.  Which one is best buy?  

If you want, I got a set of WHR-500 training wheels that you can have for R500.

Hubs and freewheel just been serviced. Can email you a pic if required.
carlo_sg2008-03-04 07:34:47

Please e-mail me the picture of your wheels.

Why are you selling it?

How many mileage have you done it?

Where do you stay?

My e-mail address is christo@bergstan.co.za

Go the Fulcrum route. Bullet proof and built with regular spokes, bonus is they look almost as good as the Racing 1's.