Looking for a riding buddy/group?

Robi22

Hi everyone!!

I've decided to do the 94.7 this year and I am starting to train now. I am looking for a riding buddy in the Lanseria area in the week and over weekends I am in Magaliesburg area?

If anyone know of a group or anyone who wants some company, I am new but I am going to push myself to be the best I can be and to train with a group or someone makes you push yourself harder.

Robi22

I"m looking to do the 94.7 this year for the first time too. I would be keen on joining a group as i'm useless at getting up and going out on my own.

Let me know if you are still looking for peeps. I'm not a beginner but have been "too busy" to ride so my fitness isn't great and my speeds aren't great either.

hehe same here hey. So far your the only one that has replied, where are you based at?

I'm a beginner yoo so my fitness is low as well and speeds the same but I will pick up fast.

Well I've decided to do it on my MTB since it is my first one and I want to do more MTB trials than road. I'll look for a road bike in next year?

Done one race on a road bike, doing this year on my MTB Hardtail as its my only bike and i love it. plus i want to beat my time of the road bike. But i hear they are changing the route this year which kind defeats the object. Either way, good luck train hard and have fun. Unfortunately you to far else i would have enjoyed a training buddy cause this solo thing is hard and i think its going to get harder as winter arrives. See you at race day, i've already entered , oh yeah remember to do some seeding events.

Thanks!! Will definitely see you on race day!! No I am! First one is end of May and I'm super excited :D

Good luck with your training as well!! Will ride with you in spirit ;) I'm also not looking forward to winter but lets do this!!

I'm based in the Northcliff area.

Two slowbies starting off.. works for me.

I'm only good to start in the cradle on the Easter weekend.. perhaps friday?

So far it's fine by me :) Will just have to let you know Monday since I'm hearing of the long weekend plans this weekend but so far I am ready :D

So I have spoken to a work colleague of mine and he is keen to join in the cradle.

We are going to go out on Friday morning for a short ride in the cradle. Are you still keen to join for a ride?

Hi hi :)

That's awesome!! I will be going to Thabazimbi by the sounds of it but my bike is going with. You guys should have fun! I'll def join you next time :D

• 1 month later...

It fell apart with no-one being able to go. Been a bit busy and sickly so haven't been able to get out again.

I'm doing the Nissan Trailseeker in Cullinan so will only be in the cradle the weekend after that

Ahh no that sucks!! Hope you get well soon!!

That's fine, let me know when you are back then we can try again :)

Hi everyone!!

I've decided to do the 94.7 this year and I am starting to train now. I am looking for a riding buddy in the Lanseria area in the week and over weekends I am in Magaliesburg area?

If anyone know of a group or anyone who wants some company, I am new but I am going to push myself to be the best I can be and to train with a group or someone makes you push yourself harder.

Robi22

Do you live in Magaliesburg itself?

Hi, no I'm not going to go to Magaliesburg anymore, I live near Lanseria so will only be able to drive in that area. You in Magaliesburg?

Archived