As a commuter, what do you want to see at a forum?

Red_Zebra

Having attended the Cyclists Indaba (good discussion on the Hub - not so good at the Indaba) and a few other forums/meetings/planning sessions etc... I'm interested to find out what you would like at one of these events?

I'm not talking demands or laws passed, or more officials giving 45min PPT presentations on what NMT is, and why cycling is good for the environment...etc

There is clearly a gap between the officials and politicians, and then the cyclists and activism groups. How do you propose we bridge this gap?

Hi there Red Zeb.,

I also attended the 'indaba', and took through a submission I compiled from the members here. I did circulate it, but did not speak to it since I felt that those people are not really interested in what is, but only what they think should be.

I would like to know they managed to come up with their proposed routes, my feeling is that its driven by ideology more than anything else.

And their efforts seems to be focussed on cap-ex intensive big schemes, and not much in the way of improving the existing conditions of the roads (which are atrocious in many ways), or making sure cyclists are at least facilitated on major routes either by a shoulder on the road on the pavements., and also at intersections.

What can be done to get (public) funds used effectively in this regard?