Rockshox Reverb Dropper Post Question

TheDoc

I recently acquired a new Rockshox Reverb Dropper Post, and out of the box, it has play at the seat mount.

If I hold the post and move the seat, it has a little bit of side to side play. I have checked the seat mountings and they seem fine. The play seems to be at the top of the seatpost.

Is this normal?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Normal .. make sure its max psi.. 250psi... mine developed a bit of swivel after few weeks wasnt out the box like that but ye..

Didnt ever notice it while riding.

At 1st thought the neck was loose but its inside between the 2 "pipes" bit of play...

Thanks 2Nuz.

Thought it may be the top cap bushing which is worm. Just concerned that if it does this out-of-the box, what will it be doing in 6 months from now.

Thanks 2Nuz.

Thought it may be the top cap bushing which is worm. Just concerned that if it does this out-of-the box, what will it be doing in 6 months from now.

The play does become a bit more noticable over time, but only if you move the saddle with your hand. You cant feel it while riding.

My first reverb is 2 year old, has been well used and still going strong !

Thanks Skott5. Didn't notice it while riding.....only thing I noticed was how wide my smile has become :clap:

Hi,

I would like to know whether this seatpost absorb some bumps when you are sitting on the saddle and going over uneven terrain or is it very stiff and without any give?

thanks

Edited by kotzejs

Hi,

I would like to know whether this seatpost absorb some bumps when you are sitting on the saddle and going over uneven terrain or is it very stiff and without any give?

thanks

Dropper won't absorb impact.

Thank you.

Do you know if this post is robust enough to be used on a hardtail?

I run a KS Lev on my Jamis Komodo hardtail and it works perfectly. Droppers are designed to be used on any type of bike. Not limitations.

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. I'm definitely getting one as soon as I get paid...

I am intrigued by this seatpost.

I have a carbon frame and my shifter lines run into the head tube and down the top tube. They seem to fit precisely into these holes.

I was wondering if it would be able to make the necessary adjustments to run the Reverb Stealth line through the frame and into the correct position for the internals.

Anyone with experience or suggestions on this?